the good, the bad, and the bazaar

ANGELCAT-IDA61

:puke::notworthy:

These are just my opinions on the top five worst uniforms of all time.

1. 1997-2001 then Anaheim Angels periwinkle pinstripe pukers. Ironically,

I'm a huge Angels fan, but I knew those unis weren't going to last very long,

despite purchasing all those jerseys on opening day of 97 to support the halos and follow the fashion trend. However, those jerseys looked too Disneyish and looked like something from a Disney movie. The lettering was so cartoonish with the wing and the flying baseball on the A. It looked way too feminine for a major

league baseball team. Therefore, they get that distinction for the ugliest unis in

my book.

2. Tampa Bay Devil Rays 1998-2000. Their home, road, and alternates were

downright sickening!! I couldn't stand that collage of colors on their lettering.

It looked too fruity and like someone threw up rainbow sherbet ice cream on

them. The only thing great about them was the black piping around the sleeve.

(they were purple before the 98 season.)

3. Pittsburgh Pirates 1979 pinstripe home uniforms. I'm sure I'm not the first person to talk smack about those hidious unis, though I was just a little girl back then. Don't get me wrong, I looove the color black and gold, cuzz it's hot! hot! hot!, but those unis weren't meant to last and may have come back as a throw back, but that is all it's good for.

4. Cincinnati Reds 1993-1998 home uniforms; Looks like they started the trend with that sleeveless look, but those white caps with red pinstripes to match the uniform made the team look like ice cream men or vanilla and strawberry swirl ice cream. I'll admit, I own a jersey like that, since I like to wear anything with red, but those were too weird.

5. 1997-2000 Pirates home uniforms. Sorry to trash the Pirates you Buc fans, but those jerseys were really uuuuuuughly!!! The uneven fonts on the lettering made me sick and it was too basic. There current ones are better, though.

Here are the top five best looking unis

1. San francisco Giants home. I love that classic cream color body color. It goes beautifully with black and orange. That is a classic uni that will probably stand

the test of time.

2. Pittsburgh Pirates current home and roads. Though I don't care for the sleeveless look, their retrostyle uniforms are a classic. It takes them back to the Days of Bill Mazeroski(sorry if I misspelled his name.) I hope they still wear that for years to come. I do have that one as well.

3. Angels current unis. I love the red, I love their lettering, and thier current logo.

I would vote them the best uniform makeover in baseball history. Those previous pinstripes can't hold a candle to their current ones. Hey, they finally one the world series the year they unveiled them!!!

4. Atlanta Braves; I always like their lettering and the classic tomohawk too

5.St. Louis Cardinals; Their classic uniforms and color is a classic and there is

no reason for them to ever change them, especially the birds on the bat. :notworthy::notworthy:

5. 1997-2000 Pirates home uniforms. Sorry to trash the Pirates you Buc fans, but those jerseys were really uuuuuuughly!!! The uneven fonts on the lettering made me sick and it was too basic. There current ones are better, though.

Well, how do you feel about them wearing that black alt with their current set? I think it's lame. Different fonts, red, etc. It just doesn't belong with their current jerseys, but they kept that script for the pirate logo.

KISSwall09.jpg

Also as an Angels fan, I don't think that the Disney uniforms were the worst uniforms ever. In the top 5?...Maybe. They're probably better than Arizona's uniforms. I also say that the Tigers home uniforms are the best uniforms ever. So classic, no need to ever change them.

No, the Disney-esque unis were pretty damn bad. Here's all that was wrong with them:

-fake vest

-pinstripes on gray

-crazy cartoony font

-way too much periwinkle

-wordmark and hat logo way too busy

Yes, I am much happier with my Red Halo New Era cap and my Vladdy authentic jersey, thank you very much.

VmWIn6B.png

Red may have been Gene Autry's favorite color, but it just doesn't go with a team called the Angels. Devils, yes, but not Angels.

I suppose if your only looking at it from the fundamentalist judeo-christian perspective that would make sense on some level. I get the red for the devil part. I don't know how fair it is to assign a quasi-religious restriction to a major league baseball teams color scheme but we'll skip that for now. My question is what color should a team called The Angels go with to fit your idea? Since we have established red as "the devils" color, should the Angels dress in all white? Is there a universally agreed upon color for Angels? By the way, somebody better get on the phone to Duke. Their Devils are the "wrong" color.

Sorry, I couldn't resist having a little fun with you. No offense intended. :D

BB52Big.jpg

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ BrandedBehance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

Red may have been Gene Autry's favorite color, but it just doesn't go with a team called the Angels. Devils, yes, but not Angels.

I suppose if your only looking at it from the fundamentalist judeo-christian perspective that would make sense on some level. I get the red for the devil part. I don't know how fair it is to assign a quasi-religious restriction to a major league baseball teams color scheme but we'll skip that for now. My question is what color should a team called The Angels go with to fit your idea? Since we have established red as "the devils" color, should the Angels dress in all white? Is there a universally agreed upon color for Angels? By the way, somebody better get on the phone to Duke. Their Devils are the "wrong" color.

Sorry, I couldn't resist having a little fun with you. No offense intended. :D

Not to mention that the image of an angel all dressed in white is a modern invention.

Sistene Chapel (detail)

how do u not have the yankees on the top of that list :evil:

Because not everyone wants to give the Yankees a knobjob 24/7?

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ BrandedBehance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

I'll throw my two cents in, but break it down into proper categories.

Best:

Home uniform of all time: The current New York Yankees

Road uniform of all time: The George Brett Pine Tar Game Kansas City Royals powder blues

Combination (home and road) of all time: The current St. Louis Cardinals

Worst:

Home, road and combination of all time: The Chicago White Sox wearing the shorts. If you're going with a worst, you start with these.

Archived