New Uni Watch Column

Moser316

For that duplicate number issue, I remember a few years ago, Wisconsin had two #12s on the field at the same time, covering a kickoff.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

So .. very .. lame. Why do teams feel the need to sneak the helmet logo onto the jerseys themselves? Pittsburgh, Jets, Buccaneers, Patriots, etc.

Where is the Buccaneers helmet logo on the jersey??

And I think it's a great thing to do - many teams' jerseys would be super boring if it didn't have the added logo. When you start putting the helmet logo on the pants, then it becomes overkill.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

The Bucs' skull & swords is on the helmet and the sleeves. Only the flag is missing on the sleeves.

They're two different logos...and one's a pirate ship. The helmet logo is not on the jersey.

So .. very .. lame. Why do teams feel the need to sneak the helmet logo onto the jerseys themselves? Pittsburgh, Jets, Buccaneers, Patriots, etc.

Because teams are more interested in how their jersey looks on customers walking down the street wearing jeans that they do how they look on their team on the field.

It's the same logo on diff backgrounds.

Which is why they are two different logos. I'm not nitpicking. You said "Helmet logo"...the Bucs helmet logo is not a pirate ship.

The skull and swords is not a logo unto itself.

It's the same logo on diff backgrounds.

Which is why they are two different logos. I'm not nitpicking. You said "Helmet logo"...the Bucs helmet logo is not a pirate ship.

The skull and swords is not a logo unto itself.

Agreed. The two logos might share a common element (the swords and skull), they are two very distinct logos.

1dav-jp1116.jpg

It's one of the things I like about the Bucs' uniform - rather than just repeat the helmet logo, they put the secondary on the sleeves. They have a great secondary logo, why not show it off?

Archived