are these the "new" patriots third jerseys today?

bipolarbear

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The only reason why I can distinguish a difference between the silvers they wore today and the silvers they wore back in 2003-04, is that PANTONE pointed it out. Yes, they do look a little less "dirty white", as commented many times here on this board, but now they just look like white jerseys on TV. There's like hardly any difference (to me at least) between the 05 silvers and the current white jerseys.

With that in mind, now that the Pats finally got their arses handed to them in these silver jerseys - how about a switch back to the red throwbacks (as their alternate jersey) for a game or two in 2006? I know I'm dreaming...but dream away I will.

After today, they may never wear the silver again.

That's two consecutive terrible losses in those silver alts. Don't get me started about the Monday Night disaster last year in Miami...

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

don't say that. that is the most ridiculous thing in the world when teams brand alternates "unlucky"...they make no difference good or bad. they just played like crap today.

Tell that to the Cowboys ^_^

#CHOMPCHOMPCHOMP

That's two consecutive terrible losses in those silver alts. Don't get me started about the Monday Night disaster last year in Miami...

they didn't wear silver vs. the 'Fins last year...they only wore them vs. the Bengals, and they won that game. Today's game was the first loss in the silvers...

don't say that. that is the most ridiculous thing in the world when teams brand alternates "unlucky"...they make no difference good or bad. they just played like crap today.

It may be ridiculous, but there is a track record for that sort of thing. Just ask the '94 Phillies who scotched the blue cap/helmet for day games (though they accepted the "P/star" logo for the interleague games). There's so much psychology in sports, this may be enough of an impetus to ditch the dirty whites.

Regardless of superstition, as has been said: if you can't tell the difference between the regular jersey and the special alternate one, why have the alternate?

"Start spreading the news... They're leavin' today... Won't get to be a part of it... In old New York..."

2007nleastchamps.png

In order for the Mets' run of 12 losses in 17 games to mean something, the Phillies still had to win 13 of 17.

It may be ridiculous, but there is a track record for that sort of thing. Just ask the '94 Phillies who scotched the blue cap/helmet for day games (though they accepted the "P/star" logo for the interleague games). There's so much psychology in sports, this may be enough of an impetus to ditch the dirty whites.

Regardless of superstition, as has been said: if you can't tell the difference between the regular jersey and the special alternate one, why have the alternate?

all that being said, what are they now, 3-1 in the silvers? if they ditch them because of one loss that is ridiculous.

they didn't wear silver vs. the 'Fins last year...they only wore them vs. the Bengals, and they won that game. Today's game was the first loss in the silvers...

You're correct...my bad. For some reason I thought it was alt. vs alt. in that game.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

Archived