are these the "new" patriots third jerseys today?

bipolarbear

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply
they didn't wear silver vs. the 'Fins last year...they only wore them vs. the Bengals, and they won that game. Today's game was the first loss in the silvers...

You're correct...my bad. For some reason I thought it was alt. vs alt. in that game.

it's all good bro - I think you just got the 03 game vs. the Dolphins in which they wore the silvers (which they won) with last year's upset on MNF...

The The guy doing highlights on ESPNews said something to the effect of... "Patriots going for their 22nd (?) straight win at Gillette -- wearing their whites at home..."

Without you guys', I'd have never noticed they were wearing their alts. They need to scrap 'em.

IUe6Hvh.png

Seriously, I have an HDTV and I could barely tell the difference. Completely pointless.

For whatever reason, this board seems to flip when the red alternates ideas are brought up. What I would really like to see is not a return to the bright red Pat the Patriot days, but a dark red version of what they have now. Someone made a great mock-up of it (from a Boston Herald picture, I think, I remember seeing the Herald logo) on this board last year that was perfect.

366678430_f28e9d99de_o.jpg

a possible solution to the silver alts.....wear them with silver pants. that way you can see them match up??? well, they'd still look tacky, but it'd be interesting to see. silver from head to to. maybe the best solution would be to scrap the alts all together. not everyone needs alts. how about going back to the o.g. unis. much nicer in my opinion

a possible solution to the silver alts.....wear them with silver pants. that way you can see them match up??? well, they'd still look tacky, but it'd be interesting to see. silver from head to to. maybe the best solution would be to scrap the alts all together. not everyone needs alts. how about going back to the o.g. unis. much nicer in my opinion

What I wish they would do is wear the silver pants with the white jersey.

... And ditch the silver jerseys.

IUe6Hvh.png

Seriously, I have an HDTV and I could barely tell the difference. Completely pointless.

For whatever reason, this board seems to flip when the red alternates ideas are brought up. What I would really like to see is not a return to the bright red Pat the Patriot days, but a dark red version of what they have now. Someone made a great mock-up of it (from a Boston Herald picture, I think, I remember seeing the Herald logo) on this board last year that was perfect.

patriots-ALT.gif

Here's the Pats in red ising Nick's NFL template.

This is using the red from the current uniform, I don't know how dark red you mean.

Oh, and I've got a site.

Footy Jumpers Dot Com

What I wish they would do is wear the silver pants with the white jersey.

... And ditch the silver jerseys.

i'd def like to see a white jersey/silver pant combo.

get rid of the silvers- to which I dub "The Most Pointless Alternate Jersey in the NFL."

Someone made a great mock-up of it (from a Boston Herald picture, I think, I remember seeing the Herald logo) on this board last year that was perfect.

This one? I made it last September.

TomBrady.jpg

Back-to-Back Fatal Forty Champion 2015 & 2016

Agreed, otherwise you truly can't tell. My friend was wondering why all the Chargers fans were cheering when Brady threw a TD, and I had to explain they were in NE. Then he said "it can't be, they don't wear white at home." :blink:

NorthernColFightingWhites4.GIF

This is sorta off topic, but what is that logo painted on the Pat's field? It looks like a vice clamp shooting lightning.

It's the Gillette field logo, it would make more sense if they were able to put "Gillette Stadium" but that would be considered an ad which is disallowed by the NFL.

#CHOMPCHOMPCHOMP

Someone made a great mock-up of it (from a Boston Herald picture, I think, I remember seeing the Herald logo) on this board last year that was perfect.

This one? I made it last September.

TomBrady.jpg

That is incredible but you should try to put silver outlines on the numbers underneath the blue ones [like the ones on the current blue jerseys], make the side stripe red and the piping blue and do the same on the pants... maybe red socks... that be amazing...

TomBrady.jpg

That looks pretty sweet. It is a good idea to use the darker red thatn the brighter one. With bright red shirts, you might mistake them for the Washington Sentinels from the movie "The Replacements." However, you'd never mistake Tom Brady for Shane Falco. :P

You can tell, because the outer stripe on the collar is white and the inside stripe around the numbers is also. The other thing is i'm pretty sure they never wear the whites at home.

Yeah, I noticed the white on the collar, and that was the only thing that made the silver stand out.

I agree that red with silver pants would be a better choice, but if they made the silver stick out more by making the side colors different from their away jerseys it wouldn't look too bad.

Also, the Patriots faced THE best running back in the league after they lost their best defensive players (Bruschi and Harrison). Add to the fact that the Pats can't run the ball, and you have a loss. The alt's had NOTHING to do with it, except for making them look like they were on the road.

Oh sweet Jesus, the British wore red. That would be like calling a team the Rebels and having a storm trooper as their mascot.

Cue the explosion of Mt. St. Icecap79 in

Actually, there may be a Rosh Hashanah reprieve, but it's coming. Nicely played, YNH... :mad: we all know who wore red. It's been argued beyond death.

"Start spreading the news... They're leavin' today... Won't get to be a part of it... In old New York..."

2007nleastchamps.png

In order for the Mets' run of 12 losses in 17 games to mean something, the Phillies still had to win 13 of 17.

make the side stripe red and the piping blue and do the same on the pants...

I like the idea of the blue side stripe, if only for the fact that it would eliminate the need for two sets of silver pants. Plus I think a blue side stripe would contrast well with the red jersey.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

Archived