MLB Playoff Sigs

Puckguy14

Due to the lack of time with other projects which I will unveil later, and with a frantic rush to get the Teal Town Zone up, plus since I don't have the MLB Postseason style guide (HINT HINT anyone who has it, PM me) I only have sigs for the NLDS and ALDS. With that, enjoy!

American League Division Series (Westside vs. Eastside)

The Solar System of Earth of Northern Hemisphere of North America of USA of California of Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim of Angel Stadium of Gene Autry Way :D

MLB-ANA.gif

vs.

New York Yankees

MLB-NYY.gif

American League Division Series (The Battle of the Sox)

Chicago White Sox

MLB-CWS.gif

vs.

Boston Red Sox

MLB-BOS.gif

COMMENTS STRONGLY ENCOURAGED!

2004 San Jose Sharks 7th Man Fan of the Year

San Jose Gold Miners - 4x Lombardi Cup Champions

National League Division Series (Insert a name here Series)

Houston Astros

MLB-HOU.gif

vs.

Atlanta Braves

MLB-ATL.gif

National League Division Series (David vs. Goliath)

St. Louis Cardinals

MLB-STL.gif

vs.

San Diego Padres

MLB-SD.gif

Comments strongly encouraged!

Those look awesome!

BTW, Why aren't the Red Sox co-CHAMPS of the AL East?

I understand why the NYY would get a higher seed, but technically, they both are co-champs. There have always been regular season co-champs in every sport I have ever played...

Becasue the rules stae the Yankees are the Division Champions and the Red Sox are hte wild card.

How about the name of the Astros Vs Braves be the "Battle of Classic Underachievers". :P

Those look awesome!

I understand why the NYY would get a higher seed, but technically, they both are co-champs. There have always been regular season co-champs in every sport I have ever played...

Wasn't there an argument like this between two teams a few years ago i think in the NL where one said they were the co-champs but really weren't so the real champs got mad? I forget.

Great job on these, puckguy, they look real nice.

And btw, nice name there for the Angels I like it B) .

teamsnew2.png

Thanks Kingsss. I got it from a sig that was on here when the season started I forget who had it though.

Oh for the newbies out there, just right click on a sig, select properties, copy and paste the address, and use in your signature. These will be updated as the playoffs go along and once your team is gone, the sig goes bye bye!

Thanks Kingsss. I got it from a sig that was on here when the season started I forget who had it though.

Oh for the newbies out there, just right click on a sig, select properties, copy and paste the address, and use in your signature. These will be updated as the playoffs go along and once your team is gone, the sig goes bye bye!

Yeah because the boards went down when I sent it. :P I was just showing an example of the qwirkiness of the boards at times... yeah that's it that's the ticket! :lol:

Those look awesome!

Becasue the rules stae the Yankees are the Division Champions and the Red Sox are hte wild card.

How about the name of the Astros Vs Braves be the "Battle of Classic Underachievers". :P

No, I think "The fight between Has-Beens and Never-Was's." is better.

MouthoftheSouth.jpg

I don't speak for democrats, democrats don't speak for me.

would you all stop bashing the Astros, they are a good team, and just because you all are scared that they'll get to the World Series and win it, is not reason to bash.. :P I'm not ticked, I'm just having some friendly smack-talking

Puckguy, can I shrink these down to about the size of the USF sig I have?

They aren't "co-champs" because the Yankees won the season series 10-8. That's the tiebreaker.

I'm not a fan of "co-champs." Play it out until there's a winner. But in this case, they don't have to - there is already a winner.

Traditionally, they would have had a playoff to determine who won the division. Because of the wild card, they've done away with that in the case where the two teams would both make the playoffs anyway. It seems odd to me to use that as a tiebreaker in that scenario, but to not use it if both teams hadn't been in. Since there was no playoff to make the proper determination, it'd seem to me that "co-champions" would be a proper title.

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ Branded | Behance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

The NL scenario you were talking about was the Cards and Astros in 2001. The Astros came into Busch the final weekend and won 2 of 3, taking a tie for the season and the Cards were the Wild Card by 3 games over San Francisco. The Cardinals still claim Co-Champs, even though they were the Wild Card that year and lost in the first round to Arizona. But no, I don't remember much about it :hockeysmiley:

I've decided to give up hope for all sports teams I follow

Ok, I'll update these in the morning. Shall I continue with these or is it a disappointment? Let me know.

Again, my plea for anyone who has the postseason style guide, PM me now!

Archived