South Charleston Black Eagles

gordie_delini

Gordie...NICE! I like the dark head better.

I do think the dark mass of feathers behind the eye is a bit distracting. Is it possible to re-flow those feathers along the length of the head to streamline it a bit and add more directional flow?

Just a thought. Also, the mouth has a bit too much going on with the current tongue...maybe shorten it and make it more of a triangular shape with a slight bend rather than the Gene Simmons look.

Gordie,

Nice work. I agree that the patch of feathers to the left of the eye is a little large, there might be a better way to add texture to that section. I know that isn't a big help, because it isn't specific, but I hope that helps. I really like what you have so far. Very nice work.

Gordie, you never cease to amaze me!

I like the black one better...how did it look with the black and dark grey reversed though? Shouldn't the eagle be black and the highlights grey? I can only echo the sentiments about the tongue and the feather patch, but those are the only quibbles I have with this.

Overall, top notch, as always!

On January 16, 2013 at 3:49 PM, NJTank said:

Btw this is old hat for Notre Dame. Knits Rockne made up George Tip's death bed speech.

Much better. I'm still not sure if I'm feeling it completely... Maybe what you can do is fill out the top right of the black splootch now, and the make all the dark charcoal blue--like slick black highlights, you know?

The thicker tongue is certainly better too. I admit I'm curious as to what it'd look like without it completely, or maybe just as a colored triangle in the lower beak, you know? *shrugs*

The below to be updated once the newest banner is raised!
spacer.png

This is almost what we're looking for. Let's try to drop the tongue out of it and see what it looks like. Can you throw it all together and let me see it with a South Charleston wordmark? I'd like to see what is looks like. Thanks alot man.

SC

colorado.gif

Taking the Big 12 Title!

browns.png

The AFC North is ours!!!

1988KansasJayhawksNCAABB.png

The Best of the Best!!

Home of Champions......Capital High Cougars.....We Gets Busy!

the structure is good. much better without the tongue. but the expression of it looks more like its dropping its jaw at something--like its amazed by something, which is a human characteristic. i also think the nostril is in the wrong place, it should be lower, or just not their at all. also, the orange pupil--i notice its a full circle. I think you should chop it where the eye ends, so it doesnt look like it exceeds the eye socket. keep at it, it's almost there. You might want to brighten up the grey just a bit. I know it's a black eagle, so it has to be a bit dark.

I really like this one. I'd really like to check it out in white too. I'm really amazed with what you have done. Keep it up!!

SC

colorado.gif

Taking the Big 12 Title!

browns.png

The AFC North is ours!!!

The Best of the Best!!

Here are two more versions- both with AAOs suggested tweaks and then one in white - whichever of the two you like best i will put together with the wordmarks and alternate logos in a full package. If you want me to i will do a uniform mock up with the logo set so you can see it in action. anyway, here they are

South-Charleston-e5.gif

South-Charleston-e6.gif

OD_Signature.jpg

i said it in the requests forum and i'll say it again here....the capital "N' and "S" at the end of each part of the wordmark would be much better served as lowercase, or the entire wordmark being in the same case.

i could see the Uppercase version being used if the text was arched, but it just looks out of place here....my eye is just drawn to the final uppercase letter in each part.

The eagle looks like it's gawking at something with the beak open like that. It might look better if the beak was closed, and the lower beak curving along the botton of the top half.

I totally agree with Joel about the unecessarily large N and S. Unless those words are arched, those letters are like magnets to the eyes.

The numbers look off-center on all the jerseys. It might be due to the italics.

"Black Eagles" is too small underneath the South Charleston wordmark, and the same follows for the Black Eagles wordmark.

Demonized doesn't work for the nameplates. A regular block font would work better for legibility, and it will make the numbers stand out more.

Back-to-Back Fatal Forty Champion 2015 & 2016

I like what you've put together. But I finally see what they are saying about the larger letters on the end of the wordmarks. Lets try making the letters the same size as the rest and the eagle white with the same package.

Just some pics of my son and the team:

C-team (Ages 8-7)

My Son

The Team

SC

colorado.gif

Taking the Big 12 Title!

browns.png

The AFC North is ours!!!

The Best of the Best!!

I dont mind the different cases in the wordmark, but the orange/white outlines in the wordmark, keep the white spot between the L and A in black, and the L and E in eagles. it needs to be there or else they look like orange blotches in the wordmark. I like the unis a lot....but you need the tv numbers on the shoulders.

Archived