Better blue jay logo right here!

Newmaniac

I designed this about a year ago and posted on the old forum. After seeing the new (and in my opinion, substandard) Blue Jay logo, I've updated the design slightly and re-posted. Granted, I used a variation of the existing T-Bird logo, but I think it's a much better logo and uniform design.

Let me know what you think (cut and paste):

New Blue Jay Logo Design

No offense, but I don't really like it all probably because I'm NOT a fan of the T-bird logo at all! The yellow bat, the maple leaf on the wing all wrapped around a 'T' seems too complicated in my opinion.

I saw, I came, I left.

I don't see how it's an improvement on the existing T-Bird logo, really. The only obvious difference to me the desaturated colors that kinda make me want to listen to mope rock and slit my wrists.

No offense, it's just that those colors are all sorts of drab and boring IMO.

Don't call something better unless you can prove it is.  And even then, it's still a matter of opinion.  (Kind of reminds me of that guy from the Fanhome boards who'd submit his own really lazy/bad uniform submissions saying the teams would be crazy not to use them because his friends said they were cool.)  Besides, not many people like the muscular bird wrapped around the T, let along one with drabber colors.

--Roger "Time?" Clemente.

champssig2.png
Follow me on Twitter if you care: @Animal_Clans.

My opinion may or may not be the same as yours. The choice is up to you.

Roger Clemente,

If you'll read my post, it says:

"I think it's a much better logo and uniform design."

Besides, no one can really prove "better". Everything anyone (professional, amateur, etc.) creates is subject to opinion.

I could have written the subject line to read "What I Personally Think, in my Opinion, is a better blue jay logo right here!", but I thought that was just overkill.

Plus, you said:

"Besides, not many people like the muscular bird wrapped around the T, let along one with drabber colors."

At least the previous criticisms by other members used "I don't really like it all probably because I'm NOT a fan of the T-bird logo" and "drab and boring IMO" So you are as "guilty" as I in that respect.

I'm a relatively new poster and I admire your creations RC, but try not to belittle me in your criticism (which is always welcome). It's uncool.

Sincerely,

Newmaniac

I don't see how it's an improvement on the existing T-Bird logo, really. The only obvious difference to me the desaturated colors that kinda make me want to listen to mope rock and slit my wrists.

No offense, it's just that those colors are all sorts of drab and boring IMO.

that and teh T's different.  i'm one of the few people who will come out in defense of the T-jay...cus i love it.  reminds me of the Orioles' myriad of cartoon orioles.  and the colors this dude used are uninspiring, especially for the blue jays.

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

I'm going to have to go with the majority here and say "no that's not a better logo", and I'm also not a big fan of the uniforms you created... I guess I really don't like 'radically new' changes like the sleeve stripes you made, maybe it'd look good on the field, but since we've never seen it before who knows.

---

Chris Creamer
Founder/Editor, SportsLogos.Net

"The Mothership" News Facebook X/Twitter Instagram

Archived