Lator, Gator

Blackjack76

The Yellow Submarines!!!!

"Every morning in Africa, a gazelle wakes up. It knows it must run faster than the fastest lion or it will be eaten. Every morning in Africa, a lion wakes up. It knows it must outrun the slowest gazelle or it will starve. It doesn't matter whether you're a lion or a gazelle. When the sun comes up, you'd better be running." - Unknown | 🌐 Check out my articles on jerseys at Bacon Sports 🔗
spacer.png

Everyone now....

In the town where I was born

Lived a man who sailed to sea

And he told us of his life

In the land of submarines

So we sailed up to the sun

Till we found the sea of green

And we lived beneath the waves

In our yellow submarine

We all live in our yellow submarine,

Yellow submarine, yellow submarine

And our friends are all on board

Many more of them live next door

And the band begins to play

As we live a life of ease

Everyone of us has all we need

Sky of blue and sea of green

In our yellow submarine.

(Nice find, Chris.)

Cards.png

I so called the Yellow Submarine!

"Every morning in Africa, a gazelle wakes up. It knows it must run faster than the fastest lion or it will be eaten. Every morning in Africa, a lion wakes up. It knows it must outrun the slowest gazelle or it will starve. It doesn't matter whether you're a lion or a gazelle. When the sun comes up, you'd better be running." - Unknown | 🌐 Check out my articles on jerseys at Bacon Sports 🔗
spacer.png

I can't say that I'm a huge fan of the name "Defenders", but I do like the use of a submarine as the team's primary icon.

Granted, I'm more than a bit biased: one of my uncle's spent his career working as a draftsman at Groton Electric Boat (designer and manufacturer of U. S. Navy submarines), another served as a Commander aboard a U. S. Navy submarine and the Officers' Club at the U. S. Navy sub base in Groton was the sight of my first professional gig as a comedian.

I wonder how the Nutmeg/Constitution State's other Double-A Eastern League club (New Britain) feels about the Norwich-based team grabbing the "Connecticut" place-name as their own?

I wonder how the Nutmeg/Constitution State's other Double-A Eastern League club (New Britain) feels about the Norwich-based team grabbing the "Connecticut" place-name as their own?

Hopefully not by rebranding itself "Hardware City" once again!

12.jpg

I think the logo's pretty sharp, although the name is somewhat generic.

Connecticut has a thing for submarines. At least this sub may presumed to be American, not German. I'm looking at you, Hartford....

I'm not too fond of the "Wolf*Pack" name the suits at MSG foisted upon the team...

Heck, when they had the "Name The Team" contest back in '97, "Sea Wolves" was the clear winner...but there was the matter with Biloxi's ECHL entry having the same name....but they wanted to keep the submarine and wolf motif...hence "Wolf*Pack"...

It's the Dolans...they're fluffing idiots.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

As for this new name (the Defenders), it's not bad...I like the new logo and all...however, I do have a problem with them using "Connecticut" as the locale of the team...somehow, I don't remember getting the memo that Hard Hittin' New Britain was annexed by either New York or Massachusetts...

FANTASY TEAMS

Housatonic U. Dragons (NCFA Basketball): 16-6 (8-4 Conf.)--National Runner-Up

Jersey State U. (NCFA Football): Inaugural Year - 2006

Motor City Silverhawks (WArFL): 9-4 (3rd--National Conf.)

Lehigh Valley Ironmen (WAmFL): Inaugural Season--2006

New England Marauders RFC (RLI): 6-0-7 (6th place)

Detroit Spirit (AA): 3-6 (T-4th--Patriot League)

Brooklyn Atlantics (IBF): 10-5 (1st--Appalachian Conf.)

Boston Mariners RFU (WRU): Coming Soon!

New York Americans (SHL): Inaugural Season - 2006-07

Archived