Happy Now, Angels?

Cyclopsis Joe

I always thought that if it was Interference, that they had a re-do?

I don't think there's any instance in baseball where there's a "re-do"... fan interference is a ground rule double, unless the umpires are certain the runners would've advanced even further than two bases had the fan interference not taken place

---

Chris Creamer
Founder/Editor, SportsLogos.Net

"The Mothership" News Facebook X/Twitter Instagram

I always thought that if it was Interference, that they had a re-do?

I don't think there's any instance in baseball where there's a "re-do"... fan interference is a ground rule double, unless the umpires are certain the runners would've advanced even further than two bases had the fan interference not taken place

Fan interference has nothing to do with a ground-rule double. It's not automatially a double. It could be a fan interfering with a foul pop-up; remember Bartman? A batter may also be called out for fan interference, if the umpires deem it intentional.

If fan interference is committed, the ball is immediately called dead. At that point, the umpires may award bases to all base runners/batters. It is a judgment call as to where the baserunners and batter-runner would have advanced had no interference been committed.

In this case, the runner would have most likely scored on the hit, so the umpires awarded him home. But the batter-runner would not have likely passed beyond second base, so he stops at second.

If the hit were a ground rule double, the runner would have been placed at third, and the batter to second.

Back-to-Back Fatal Forty Champion 2015 & 2016

The 2004 Red Sox are infectious.

Chicago White Sox 2005 American League Champions!!!

Good luck for the WS, you Pale Hose.

pennants.png

It's great to be young and a Giant! - Larry Doyle

It is a judgment call as to where the baserunners and batter-runner would have advanced had no interference been committed.

Nice job jd!

You explained it perfectly. I think you're ready to move up the ranks, eh? :P

staffordsigbuffda6.jpg

Owner of

Kalamazoo Tech Kobras (Nat'l College Fant. Assc. Basketball, Football, and Hockey)

2006-07 NCFAB National Champions

2006 NCFAF Midwest Conf. Champions

Rochester Patriots (Major League Hockey - AHL Fantasy League) 2005-06 Neilson Cup Champs

Detroit Black Panthers (Xtreme Hockey League) 2005-06 Yzerman Conference Champs

Sheldon Motorsports (TRAC) - #20 Guinness Chevy & #21 UPS Chevy #44 Syracuse University Chevy

Commissioner of

MLH (Major League Hockey, an AHL Fantasy League)

TRAC (Team Racing Auto Circuit, NASCAR)

Archived