White Sox-Astros series?

totc

THERE IS A GOD

pujols comes through in the 9th

Albert = god at this particular moment. I'd like to thank the former Angels(Eckstein/Edmonds), best 1-2 hitters in baseball right now, well, out of 3 teams that's not saying much, but still, they're table setters every time up. Even though my Angels are out, my favorite player's still in there. Go Jimmy Edmonds!

Or worse yet ... the bermuda shorts!

ONE GAME people, one game. They wore the frickin' shorts for one game and everybody acts like they wore them all the time. Let it go already.

I do however LOVE the shirts. Are these the original throwbacks?

but they were so heinous tehy cnat be forgotten.

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

Go astros. I hate the cardinals.

colt .45's vs. white stockings

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

This Astro fan now knows there will be no Astros-White Sox series. The NLCS is over -- Cards at ChiSox on Saturday night. If they can't win with Brad Lidge on the mound with none on, two strikes and two outs, they'll never make it to the World Series. Ever.

This is why baseball is the best game. No clock running out can save your butt. You have to get the job done on the field. 27 outs. No excuses.

HansonsSig.jpg

Click here to read Third String Goalie - The Hockey Jersey of the Day Blog

Click here to see my hockey and baseball jersey collection online

?You don?t like to see 20 kids punching 20 other kids. But it?s not a disgrace, It?s hockey.? - Michael Farber

This is why baseball is the best game. No clock running out can save your butt. You have to get the job done on the field. 27 outs. No excuses.

You're exactly right. No excuses. Astros choked. Better team won Monday night and that same better team (as their regular-season record indicates) will win the NLCS.

I'd like to see the White Sox ditch the vests for the entire World Series, and then for good.

Do you think MLB would dare put the White Sox and Astros in retro uniforms for one game during the Series like the NBA did for the Nets-Spurs NBA Finals a few years back?

Imagine the ugliness -- the black floppy jerseys vs. Rainbow Guts! Or worse yet ... the bermuda shorts!

timeline_1976.jpg

This would be bona fide ugliness! With a capital F.

Chicago in October?..... It may be a little too chilly for the shorts!! :P

I was just thinking all of this last night if the sox and Astros got into the world series they should do a throwback day where the sox wore their blue monochromes and the astros their tequila sunrise jerseys...and I remember that 1979 WS game between the Pirates and the Orioles when the birds wore their orange jerseys and the pirates their black and gold...really cool looked like a softball game

I'd like to see the White Sox ditch the vests for the entire World Series, and then for good.

I don't generally like vests, but the White Sox looks pretty sharp. Plus, they barely wore it all season until the end when they were on a winning streak. I wouldn't cry if they ditched them though. 3 uniforms is enough! (this applies to EVERY team)

I was just thinking all of this last night if the sox and Astros got into the world series they should do a throwback day where the sox wore their blue monochromes and the astros their tequila sunrise jerseys...and I remember that 1979 WS game between the Pirates and the Orioles when the birds wore their orange jerseys and the pirates their black and gold...really cool looked like a softball game

I never saw that game.

The reason: I was at a stupid horse show. I had to listen to a battery-operated radio with a crummy antenna in a river valley by propping my elbow against a metal helium container.

Apparently, there was a huge inning or two somewhere late in the game.

This game needs to be rebroadcast on ESPN Classic.

Or worse yet ... the bermuda shorts!

ONE GAME people, one game. They wore the frickin' shorts for one game and everybody acts like they wore them all the time. Let it go already.

I do however LOVE the shirts. Are these the original throwbacks?

I'm with you, as I love those White Sox jerseys too. I always thought that I was a minority of one on the subject. And those jerseys look great with either the black or white pants of that era.

Archived