Expos get a banner after all.....

DEAD!

All I gotta say is if you ever went to Montreal to watch a game you'd understand why the fans didn't go. I went to about 10 games and everytime I went, I didn't want to go back.

Thank you for coming ^_^

You were probably one of the 500 spectators there, except for the final game.

Four times IHL Nielson Cup Champions - Montréal Shamrocks (2008-2009 // 2009-2010 // 2012-2013 // 2014-2015)

Five times TNFF Confederation Cup Champions - Yellowknife Eagles (2009 CC VI // 2010 CC VII // 2015 CC XII // 2017 CC XIV // 2018 CC XV)

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply
All I gotta say is if you ever went to Montreal to watch a game you'd understand why the fans didn't go.  I went to about 10 games and everytime I went, I didn't want to go back.

Thank you for coming ^_^

You were probably one of the 500 spectators there, except for the final game.

heh, I would go up every summer to watch the interleague series against the jays, a couple of random games here and there... as well as the home finales the last few years.

---

Chris Creamer
Founder/Editor, SportsLogos.Net

"The Mothership" News Facebook X/Twitter Instagram

http://www.exposhistoricalsociety.org

It's in the infant stages but a ton of great stuff is in the pipeline.

Ha!

And what a game!!!

Four times IHL Nielson Cup Champions - Montréal Shamrocks (2008-2009 // 2009-2010 // 2012-2013 // 2014-2015)

Five times TNFF Confederation Cup Champions - Yellowknife Eagles (2009 CC VI // 2010 CC VII // 2015 CC XII // 2017 CC XIV // 2018 CC XV)

It's cheesy and unnecessary. Why are baseball players wearing hockey jerseys and getting a banner at an arena that has no tie to the team other than the damn mascot?

On January 16, 2013 at 3:49 PM, NJTank said:

Btw this is old hat for Notre Dame. Knits Rockne made up George Tip's death bed speech.

It's cheesy and unnecessary.  Why are baseball players wearing hockey jerseys and getting a banner at an arena that has no tie to the team other than the damn mascot?

Not used to everyone getting along? :P

Well, he does live very close to DC . . .

It's cheesy and unnecessary.  Why are baseball players wearing hockey jerseys and getting a banner at an arena that has no tie to the team other than the damn mascot?

Not used to everyone getting along? :P

Well, he does live very close to DC . . .

Sorry, I just call it like I see it; and apparently, so do you guys...lol :D

On January 16, 2013 at 3:49 PM, NJTank said:

Btw this is old hat for Notre Dame. Knits Rockne made up George Tip's death bed speech.

Eh, well, I'll stick to my opinion, regardless of its unpopularity.

The Expos are dead, and were killed off by Montreal.  So, then, after they finally move (a few years later than they should have), the wildly popular and successful--everything the Expos weren't--hockey team puts a banner in their arena "honouring" the team's existence?!  Irony, irony, you've got a call on line two.

Bud Selig Killed The Expos as a result of the 1994 Strike. If Not for the strike, The Yankess Expos World Series Would Have been a classic, with Jimmy Key Pitching a perfect Game 4! Yankees Win 1994 WS 4 Games to 1

BRING BASEBALL BACK TO MONTREAL!!!!

MON AMOURS SIEMPRE!!

The Expos are dead, and were killed off by Montreal.  So, then, after they finally move (a few years later than they should have), the wildly popular and successful--everything the Expos weren't--hockey team puts a banner in their arena "honouring" the team's existence?!  Irony, irony, you've got a call on line two.

Would you go to games if the new owners always gave up your best players for nothing?

I have, and I still do go to the games.

SCOTT ROLEN for: Junk, Junk and Placido Polanco - who became reserve infielder Tomas Martinez.

CURT SCHILLING for: Junk, Junk, Junk and Vicente Padilla - who's a great starter for one half of a season, but only one half, no more, no less.

Go Phils!

And MOCKBA - I'm with ya, buddy. This is on the lame side. Especially seeing how the current incarnation of the Expos "retired" Tim Raines' #30 but didn't bother to tell Mike Stanton about that. MLB greased the skids for baseball to leave La Belle Province, but the fans turned their back on the team.

I wish baseball was still there, though... for those who haven't been, Montreal is one of the coolest and most underrated cities in the world. Always a good time.

"Start spreading the news... They're leavin' today... Won't get to be a part of it... In old New York..."

2007nleastchamps.png

In order for the Mets' run of 12 losses in 17 games to mean something, the Phillies still had to win 13 of 17.

All I gotta say is if you ever went to Montreal to watch a game you'd understand why the fans didn't go. I went to about 10 games and everytime I went, I didn't want to go back.

Didn't stop you those first 9 times, Boss....

Unless the tickets were giveaways. I never say no to free tickets.....

Bud Selig Killed The Expos as a result of the 1994 Strike. If Not for the strike, The Yankess Expos World Series Would Have been a classic, with Jimmy Key Pitching a perfect Game 4! Yankees Win 1994 WS 4 Games to 1

LOL NOW THAT'S FUNNY! How could the Yankoo's get past the best outfield ever assembled?

Do the names Walker, Alou and Grissom ring a bell?

Friar%20Canuck.jpgfriarcanuck.png

I loved going to Montreal for games, but I'm biased. The only thing I didn't like was the poutine and the roof. I wish they could have found a way after Skydome opened to create a retractable roof, again. But by that time it The Big O was falling apart and the it would have been to costly. Going to games made you feel like you were in a cave.

As for the poutine? IT'S FREAKIN' MONTREAL! You think they would get it right.

Ahhhh, but memories of those hot dogs will aways haunt my mind.

Friar%20Canuck.jpgfriarcanuck.png

All I gotta say is if you ever went to Montreal to watch a game you'd understand why the fans didn't go.  I went to about 10 games and everytime I went, I didn't want to go back.

Didn't stop you those first 9 times, Boss....

Unless the tickets were giveaways. I never say no to free tickets.....

It didn't stop me 'cause they kept comin' back for "one last season" every year :P

---

Chris Creamer
Founder/Editor, SportsLogos.Net

"The Mothership" News Facebook X/Twitter Instagram

Archived