Maryland in black again

In 5..4..3..2..1

I thought this was a one time thing for homecoming against Virginia. Here we go again with a team overusing black. I think these jerseys suck.

I also thought that the black jerseys were just for homecoming but I guess they broke 'em back out for the nationally televised game.

Or else they just like to break these jerseys out for whenever they play teams from the Old Dominion state.

#CHOMPCHOMPCHOMP

I thought this was a one time thing for homecoming against Virginia. Here we go again with a team overusing black. I think these jerseys suck.

I also thought that the black jerseys were just for homecoming but I guess they broke 'em back out for the nationally televised game.

Or else they just like to break these jerseys out for whenever they play teams from the Old Dominion state.

Good observation. Too bad they went 0-for-Virginia this year...lol

I hate their jerseys-black, red, and white. But as long as they keep running those sweet (say it with me) "WE MUST PROTECT THIS HOUSE!" commercials, I'll deal...:D.

On January 16, 2013 at 3:49 PM, NJTank said:

Btw this is old hat for Notre Dame. Knits Rockne made up George Tip's death bed speech.

Good observation. Too bad they went 0-for-Virginia this year...lol

Ahem, 1-for-2. They beat Virginia.

If they hadn't, I think Richmond was up for a impromptu game.

I should have known...it just felt wrong when I typed it. Let that be a lesson to all, kids...research, research, research.

Thanks for your corrections. That was last year they went 0 for VA...

On January 16, 2013 at 3:49 PM, NJTank said:

Btw this is old hat for Notre Dame. Knits Rockne made up George Tip's death bed speech.

Maryland's official colors -- Red, White, BLACK, Gold.

This is one team for whom a black jersey makes perfect sense. In fact, black was the predominant color of the football uniforms until Clark Shaughnessy came from Stanford in the 1940s and switched to red and white to emulate Stanford.

Maryland School Colors -- From the Official Website

EDIT -- Yes, I know the 1940s were awhile ago, but this isn't like Penn State deciding to wear Pink and Black because they did it before.

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

Originator of the Upside Down Sarcasm Smilie -- November 1, 2005  🙃

This is one team for whom a black jersey makes perfect sense. In fact, black was the predominant color of the football uniforms until Clark Shaughnessy came from Stanford in the 1940s and switched to red and white to emulate Stanford.

Yes but Maryland's jerseys have too much black and not enough red, white, and gold.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

This is one team for whom a black jersey makes perfect sense.  In fact, black was the predominant color of the football uniforms until Clark Shaughnessy came from Stanford in the 1940s and switched to red and white to emulate Stanford.

Yes but Maryland's jerseys have too much black and not enough red, white, and gold.

That is a different issue than whether or not they should have a black jersey at all. I agree that a little more red and gold trim would look good.

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

Originator of the Upside Down Sarcasm Smilie -- November 1, 2005  🙃

Archived