Logos on fox scoreboard

mjrbaseball

I actually like what CBS does

With the score and running clock of the game in one corner and a ticker rotating the scores and time left of the other games.

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

Personally, I liked it. But what if someone who didn't know who had what logos tuned in? They wouldn't know who was playing and that could cost them a casual viewer or two...

If the viewers cant tell who the logos belong to they wouldn't even care who the logos belong to. (if that makes any sense) For example, I dont really watch football at all. So I dont recognize a big protion of the logos therefore i dont really care if chicago is beating st.louis even if they displaced the city or team names. I could care less.  :)

Doh!

I love the new FOX graphics. Very nice. CBS is also very nice, and i love the translucent update box in the opposite corner of the screen. That was a great little invention.

Stay Tuned Sports Podcast
sB9ijEj.png

havent seen it yet, but using the logos is a really good idea, particularly in US sport were the logos are fairly recognisable! And if you are like me you only need a reminder of the score in a game like football, as if you are watching the game you have a  good idea of what is going on in the game!

Wembley-1.png

2011/12 WFL Champions

And you guys thought this topic was dead... Its a related topic so I decided not to make a new one... But on 'Inside the NFL' on HBO, they use that new -B- logo for the browns... I haven't seen anyone use that yet, ESPN still uses BROWNS in orange over a brown background.

josh

twitter_zps93c9c8f9.png @josh_j12 smbelt_zps438edf04.png

CFA- Fargo Bobcats

As a TV traditionalist- and I will forgive anybody bashing me in what I am about to say- I really find the score boxes/lines very distracting, annoying, and-for that matter- unnecessarily redundant. Are the networks deliberately dumbing down the viewer by constantly displaying the network logo in the corner? If the answer is yes, then hopefully the network should hopefulyy put a stop to this. Besdies....

WE KNOW WHAT WE ARE WATCHING!!!

www.logofreetv-usa.com

BRING BASEBALL BACK TO MONTREAL!!!!

MON AMOURS SIEMPRE!!

Mr Dugan, i halfway agree with you. I don't like that "first down line", it is just clutter, and the little transparent Logo Bug in the corner can go too.

The scorebox though is one of the great inventions. It really is a good thing. Especially now in the age of the Dish, when people jump from game-to-game, it's a instant update.

and Joe... THE JETS UNIFORMS STILL RULE!!!  :P  :;):  :D

Stay Tuned Sports Podcast
sB9ijEj.png

I like the score box, if your just tuning in you know what the score is and don't have to wait, I also like what Abc, first did and now CBS, and ESPN do is put the score on the offensive teams side of the screen. That way when there's a penalty and the ref just points at first you know who it's on.

Archived