St. Louis Hornets

provine

I know one thing, the Charlotte teal didn't seem as overwhelming as the New Orleans teal does. I feel sorry for D-Mase having to wear those rags now

I'm convinced the pinstripes helped to darken the teal visually, they should never have abandoned them. Of course if it were up to me they'd still be in Charlotte, sans Shinn.

As far as the Hornets leaving Charlotte, that sucked. But they got a team right back - which was cool. Like the nickname, ...but man, I'm not to sure I like those orange uniforms.

um sorry :censored:s but i live in new orleans and unlike other puss places, we actually rebuild and dont let go of wut we have. you may think wer like that but until u live here ur jus dumb. so f off if u think well lose the hornets. sorry 2 burst ur hopes mister st louis

Mommy look! Someone with no constructive critisism!

Nice concept. I could see the Hornets in St. Louis! Great job!

On 4/10/2017 at 3:05 PM, Rollins Man said:

what the hell is ccslc?

I would carefully throw in some red myself, for the Cardinals' influence. When the Bucks were created, their initial colors were (Packers) green and (Badgers) red.

If the Hornets did move to St. Louis, it would give KMOX a sport to broadcast, now that they've lost, in chronological order, the Rams, the Blues and the Cardinals.

Packers-2.png

I lived in New Orleans, for 24 years before Hurricane Katrina, took ''my'' city out of America! I owned a sports bar that was home to many loyal Saints and Hornets fans which despite the city's current conditions, still stand's as a meeting ground to

many discussion's that continue about ''our'' teams even with the few customer's I have left that remaining in the city. Honestly I don't have a favorite team in either sport but I alway's thought that it was impressive that such a city as small as New Orleans, could support even one franchise much less two.

People outside of my city don't realize how much politic's comes into play when dealing with any orginization in New Orleans, which doesn't even have to be sports

related. New Orleans, is a city built on "financial greed" plain and simple! People-

don't have to go far to see how much we suffer from our own politician's that have

constantly robbed us for years and even after this tragedy evolves, will continue to

keep robbing or should I say "raping" the city of it's very soul PEOPLE!

New Orleans, was not a city with numerous multi-million dollar companies that you might find in other cities closer by such as Atlanta, Houston, Dallas and so on.

We kept the Saints, going by constantly supporting their losing seasons one after

another justing waiting for our chance to one day reach the Super Bowl, as has all

the other team's have done that makes up the NFC South, division. Needless to say that this may never come true especially now, I belive that the people deserve

better than to have the Saints or Hornets ripped right from underneath them!

I wasn't born yet to know what really went down to why New Orleans, loss the Jazz, to Utah. Maybe we weren't ready! I say that because this city has and will

always be about football. How else do you explain 30+ consecutive sell-outs of

home games despite 30+ years of constant let down's? We support our teams in

spite of what other people outside of our city view in the media or hear from the

second hand sources that pass us off as a city that doesn't need to exsist!

Do I believe that the Saints, will return to New Orleans? No! Do I believe the same fate will suffer that of the Hornets, as well? Maybe! You are dealing with two

completely different type's of owners in this instance. We built our arena in hopes of getting back a franchise that was taken from us years ago. It sat vacant for two

years before any deal was struck with the Hornets, owner and Charolette, gave us

their blessing because the Bobcats, were already in discussions to take their place

once the deal with New Orleans, was finalized.

That's a good way to do business in NBA terms. As far as NFL terms there are a lot of other obstacles that stand in the way of the Saints, returning to the city in

time for next season. Physically it can be done. Finacially it can't. The French Quater, alone cannot support the franchise. The only reasons that it is operational

is because it's something nice for the people to see on TV other than the distruction

and because it's the only way Ray Nagin, can get paid being that he's a city employee, he can't get paid if the city can't generate some type of revenue. Look at the backside of all of this.

It's politics and it always will be! Our school system is garbage because the people we hire into position to take care of our kid's are the same people that get

fired because the actually give a damn and want the children to become something other than a statistic on the late news. But that's too good for the city that doesn't want to get sued so they fire them with a great incentive and a bonus that would make Shaq, jealous. Then the city cries "More Money For School" and the state gives it with no return until it stops and the money runs out then what do you do?

You spend even more money from outside donations to hire an outside company

with absolutely no ties to your city to come in and fix the problem. Problem solved!

Hell No! It get's even worse. You fire 45% of your teachers who are already making less than the nation's average and tell them to re-apply for a job that some have held for years. Then you close half your schools and throw all of them into one big school and say this is gonna' work out just fine. Not possible but for the sake of arguement where's all of the money we saved? Ah hah!

There is none! Why? because the city has to pay back money to people who have sued the city in years past and won their case. Ok, so who got paid? Nobody!

Why's that? Because your mayor has just bought a brand new home in Dallas, TX for his entire family where they spend night's out at Dallas Mavericks, games. I know this because I sat behind him when they played the Clippers! So there is no

money other than what the government will give us to rebuild the city of New Orleans. The city has none. The state has none.

The only thing we have in the city is each other however many left and football

but the only champions I see that we will be cheering for in the long run will be the

Tigers of LSU. And if you want to know why I'm in Dallas, is because I had to get

out of Houston, for Hurricane Rita, and have been going back to my city every weekend to rebuild what I can.

sorry guys. i went off. but seriously to tell you the truth i cant see the hornets leaving louisiana. the saints are a diffrent story because they have an owner who could not care less about the state

as for the concept it looks like you just copied and pasted.

not one curse word :grin:

sorry last week i had just arrived back in the new orleans area and my house had three feet and everything was going down but now ive calmed down and its cool. its cool. and i agree, our public schools are not that great ha.

A lot of courage apologizing like that Matt 2 tha Courage. I suppose anger can get the best of us at times, especially with something like that. Though remember...if you're going to go on a rant, refrain from number-words...confound your opponents with fancy and intellitectual mumbo-jumbo.

And as bigdub mentioned, the situation is dire for New Orleans to even have money for a few qualified teachers, much less a pro sports franchise or two. It'll return soon, though the NBA would be much easier to do, as the Saints still are in disarray to their fate.

But enough about sad things...how 'bout dem jerseys?

It's a classy style, and blends in well with the "neighboring" Rams and Blues (though I wonder how the Hornets would look with a Cardinals scheme). However, I think the league should cool it a bit from the "dark blue, light blue, solid yellow" tread. Yet I don't see teal working really well with a St. Louis team.

Nonetheless, a good and simple concept you got there.

GR30a5H.png

I won't respond to the negativity because I think it may be just some mis directed anger and thats okay. It's a tough time down in that area.

As for the idea of St.Louis Hornets, that would be awesome. I don't think OKC or NO can support a successful b-ball franchise. As for the unis, I don't know if anyone mentioned this, but how about a honeycomb pattern along the sides of the jersey. I could have sworn I saw it somewhere and it looked unbelieveable.

If St.Louis doesn't get the Hornets, the Clippers would be cool too, but I think the name would have to be changed. Just my O.

Well, if they did move the Hornets, they could finally bring back the New Orleans Jazz, so the name actually makes sense. Then, well, Utah can have a team called the Mailmen.

As for the jerseys, I like them. There may be a tad too much blue and yellow, as someone hinted. I don't think a teal-less Hornets jersey would look right. Although I hate teal, I can't see a Hornets jersey without that horrid color.

Well, just the same as when the Hornets moved to New Orleans..

Just like that time, moving them to Saint Louis but KEEPING THE CHARLOTTE HORNET..is wrong. For god's sake, don't just throw a "NO" or "STL" on there and think it looks cool.

It's not.

MouthoftheSouth.jpg

I don't speak for democrats, democrats don't speak for me.

There was acutally a deal in place right after the Hornets, moved to New Orleans, to have Charolette, remain as the Hornets and Utah, would give the name Jazz, back to New Orleans, and Utah, was supposed to have a contest to come up with a

new franchise name since they were planning on changing their uniforms anyway.

It all fell through when the owner of the Charolette, expansion team decided not to

go along with it and decided to name his team the Bobcats. When this happened

Utah, just said forget about it and since the New Orleans Arena, was basically built

out of type of steel painted a teal like color and the original logo already had both

teal and purple they just decided to add the gold to make it as a refrence to the city's adopted color scheme because of our Mardi Gras.

If they do come back to New Orleans, I think if they ever decided to change the

color's up I'd go with a darker green / metallic gold / dark purple combination. It

would look even better if they dropped that horrible gold alternate which just looks

plain ugly and go back to the Charolette, days of having a purple alternate. Af far

as the jersey that's posted goes, it's ok. I'm still trying to learn my software and

to get a decent template so I can throw a couple of my concepts out here that I think would look better than what they have now. The home jersey is cool with the new "HORNETS" on the front and I think that it looks better because it's not as

drawn out as "NEW ORLEANS'' and since the letters have multiple outlines when you try to fit that many of them into a tight space it just makes it to busy!

But like I said, I would make a dark green jersey the alternate and change the

road jersey to a dark purple with the right amount of accent colors it could all work

very well. I acutally drew it up on regualr paper but I don't know how to upload them so you all could see how they would look. If you have any links to templates

let me know and I'll get started.

Archived