St. Patrick's Day Greens (baseball)

MarkAtnip

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I saw those too, I can't begin to imagine what they plan on doing with those :wacko: I anticipate a whole series of holiday logos... easter, christmas, thanksgiving -- i thought i saw that those were also coming out eventually but it may have been some horrible dream.

No kidding. The potential horrors are endless...

The Phillies used to pull out green jerseys with the "swirl P" logo in the 80s (and probably 70s.) Now I think they just go with the green cap (although they do sell green jerseys.)

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Here is another St Patrick's day topic. Aside from the green, have the St Patrick day jerseys resulted in any OTHER colors that don't usually appear on uniforms? Trim colors, accents, etc???

Here is an example. I have a 1994 Rangers St Pat's day jersey. The Jersey is green, the script "RANGERS" is in white, and the thick outline around the word "RANGERS" is BLACK. Have the Rangers used black as a trim color on any of thier regular jerseys?

Any other teams have unique trim colors on their St. Pat's greens?

(sorry to bring all of this up so far from St. Pat's day, but I was going through my jerseys the other day and all of this came up)

BroncosSig.jpg

Here is another St Patrick's day topic. Aside from the green, have the St Patrick day jerseys resulted in any OTHER colors that don't usually appear on uniforms? Trim colors, accents, etc???

Here is an example. I have a 1994 Rangers St Pat's day jersey. The Jersey is green, the script "RANGERS" is in white, and the thick outline around the word "RANGERS" is BLACK. Have the Rangers used black as a trim color on any of thier regular jerseys?

Any other teams have unique trim colors on their St. Pat's greens?

(sorry to bring all of this up so far from St. Pat's day, but I was going through my jerseys the other day and all of this came up)

The Jays have a St. Pats jersey and used to have a Canada Day red one, but when they swapped jerseys, they didnt continue the tradition.

I thought that NBA shamrock thing was a joke until I scrolled down to Chris's post. Hell, I'd go to a Raps game if they end up wearing some jersey that has the dino in one of those hats, smoking a pipe, and has a cane in its hand.

neonmatrix_leafs2.gif

Because Korbyn Is Colour Blind, My Signature Is Now Idiot Proof - Thanks Again Braden!!

Go Leafs Go!

heh, the Cubs are lazy, they just wear green hats. curiously enough, the Brewers don't even do that (I don't even think they did when they had green in their colors)

I have in my collection, a GREEN game-used 1999 Brewers BP jersey. Brewers and #72 in white on green on gold three-color tackle twill. Standard "MB" sleeve patch. Majestic 0006 interior tagging.

The Orioles are one team that has not done a St Pats day jersey OR cap.

The Jays have a St. Pats jersey and used to have a Canada Day red one, but when they swapped jerseys, they didnt continue the tradition.

Have the Jays been at home on Canada Day recently? I don't think they have been. The Ottawa Lynx have, and I was able to get a Canada Day game worn jersey from this season.

Have the Jays been at home on Canada Day recently? I don't think they have been. The Ottawa Lynx have, and I was able to get a Canada Day game worn jersey from this season.

I think you have a point there, I didn't realise that...but still, they should still show some Canadian pride, being that they are the token Canadian team now. Ah well, they will come to their senses soon enough.

neonmatrix_leafs2.gif

Because Korbyn Is Colour Blind, My Signature Is Now Idiot Proof - Thanks Again Braden!!

Go Leafs Go!

I think you have a point there, I didn't realise that...but still, they should still show some Canadian pride, being that they are the token Canadian team now. Ah well, they will come to their senses soon enough.

they last played at home on canada day in 2001... wore the red unis on june 30th in 2002 and haven't since. they will be playing at home on canada day in 2006, perhaps an all-red matchup with the phillies? i'm just hoping for a 1993-throwback jersey game (phillies wouldn't have to do much :P)

---

Chris Creamer
Founder/Editor, SportsLogos.Net

"The Mothership" • News • Facebook • X/Twitter • Instagram

The Rangers have used Black in their jerseys since 2001:

TexasRangers_FRC_2006_SOL.jpg

they last played at home on canada day in 2001... wore the red unis on june 30th in 2002 and haven't since. they will be playing at home on canada day in 2006, perhaps an all-red matchup with the phillies? i'm just hoping for a 1993-throwback jersey game (phillies wouldn't have to do much :P)

Alright, here we go...

Differences between '93 Phillies and current Phillies road uni's: (besides the obvious mlb logo on back and different manufacturer):

The sleeve stripes on the '93 jersey were thin-white, red, thin-white (the red was a little thicker) and were actually like trim sewn over the end of the sleeve. Currently, the stripes are elastic-like, and are sewn on the bottom of the sleeve. The white is also significantly thicker now.

The jersey script itsself is slightly different too. The '93 script had just an average sized white outline around the script, while the current script appears more patch-like, with the white outline being used to fill in more gaps (for example, in between the first i and first l.)

Minor stuff that nobody probably noticed, but keeps me up at night.

:cry:

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Another interesting (at least to me) tidbit about the Phillies...

From 1970 through 1986 the pinstripes used on the home jerseys was RED. Not Maroon. It wasn't until 1987 that the pinstripes were changed to Maroon - to match the rest of the uniform:

PhiladelphiaPhillies_FRC_1986_SOL.jpg

We now return you to the St. Patrick's Day Greens thread already in progress...

I saw those too, I can't begin to imagine what they plan on doing with those  :wacko:  I anticipate a whole series of holiday logos... easter, christmas, thanksgiving -- i thought i saw that those were also coming out eventually but it may have been some horrible dream.

No kidding. The potential horrors are endless...

The Uni Watch NBA preview

One last item: The Celtics, Knicks and Bulls are reportedly planning "something special" for St. Patrick's Day. No details available yet, but Uni Watch suggests you use your imagination.

"If things have gone wrong, I'm talking to myself, and you've got a wet towel wrapped around your head."

heh, the Cubs are lazy, they just wear green hats.  curiously enough, the Brewers don't even do that (I don't even think they did when they had green in their colors)

I have in my collection, a GREEN game-used 1999 Brewers BP jersey. Brewers and #72 in white on green on gold three-color tackle twill. Standard "MB" sleeve patch. Majestic 0006 interior tagging.

The Orioles are one team that has not done a St Pats day jersey OR cap.

I sorta figured teh O's hadn't gone Irish...and on the Brew, I stand corrected (they did sell green Brewers stuff around here when they had it in the colors, and I can picture what that looked like.)

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

Which teams beyond the Red Sox and White Sox actually represent a large enough Irish contingent to warrant St. Patrick's Day stuff?

That's what I was thinking. Is St. Patrick's Day that big of a deal outside of Chicago and Boston (and maybe some other cities in the Northeast)?

Thanks for the thread. I ended up buying the Jays St. Patrick's Day jersey.

If anybody's interested, I own the Jays' white Canada Day shirt, and can post a couple pictures

Please do. I haven't seen a WHITE Canada Day Shirt for the Jays. I have a red one and a white one from the Lynx.

Which teams beyond the Red Sox and White Sox actually represent a large enough Irish contingent to warrant St. Patrick's Day stuff?

That's what I was thinking. Is St. Patrick's Day that big of a deal outside of Chicago and Boston (and maybe some other cities in the Northeast)?

I would think every major metropolitan community (especially those within megalopolis) have a sizable irish contingent. Boston and Chicago might have the most notable celebrations (especially Chi with the dying of the river) but it is a big deal in a lot of places.

Cities like NY and Phila. are more well known for their Italian communities, but there is still a large representation from the Irish, German, Polish, and Russian community. (That's only factoring in Europe, there's obviously also lots of people with Asian, S. American, and African heritage.)

I think there's even an Austrailian guy running around weilding a giant knife.

New York has the most people claiming Irish descent, Boston simply has the largest percentage of their population. However the amount of Irish-Americans in NY far outweighs that of Boston. Just had to get my Irish pride out there :)

Interested to see the Knicks jersey, I'm assuming Royal blue turns to green.

Archived