St. Patrick's Day Greens (baseball)

MarkAtnip

Does anyone have complete list of the teams that have worn GREEN St. Patrick's day jerseys?

There have been some green Astros jerseys appear on the "counterfeit" thread and it got me wondering which greens were authentic.

I believe the Reds were the first ones to wear them.

I can prove the existence of TWINS and RANGERS greens as I have those in my uniform collection purchased through the team. I have seen others, but have no "proof" Any help would be appreciated. Pictures would be better.

BroncosSig.jpg

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The Sox wore them in a regular season game recently - "6 months plus or minus a couple days to St. Patty's Day!" :rolleyes:

I'm pretty sure every team wears them in Spring Training these days.

Yeah, they did a "Halfway to St. Patty's" game on Sept. 9. They wore their regular home jerseys, but what was black became green. It was kind of cool. I have been in Chicago the past 2 weekends (passing through to Iowa last weekend, for Northwestern this) and picked up a cool Nike Sox hat, white with a green shamrock behind the Sox logo on the front, and a green Nike Sox tee.

spikes.jpg

I believe the ChiSox started it- or were at least one of the first. Boston also wears them.

If memory serves me correctly, it was the 1978 Cincinnati Reds that started the trend. Their uniforms looked exactly as their home uniforms would have, except green took the place of red as a the trim color.

QPR%20Sig.png

I believe the ChiSox started it- or were at least one of the first. Boston also wears them.

If memory serves me correctly, it was the 1978 Cincinnati Reds that started the trend. Their uniforms looked exactly as their home uniforms would have, except green took the place of red as a the trim color.

The Cooperstown Collection actually has vector versions of the Reds' St. Patrick's Day graphics.

Since at least some time in the '80s, the Red Sox have worn green hats with the red "B" on St Patrick's day. THe past two seasons, they have also worn green shirts. The shrits are mesh, with the RED SOX script on the front and the pair of sox logo on the sleeve.

Without doing any research, I'm pretty confident the Phillies have worn them and am even more confident the Mets have. Theirs are on ebay a lot.

Take a look here;

http://images.google.com/images?q=mlb+st.+...G=Search+Images

JeffB

HansonsSig.jpg

Click here to read Third String Goalie - The Hockey Jersey of the Day Blog

Click here to see my hockey and baseball jersey collection online

?You don?t like to see 20 kids punching 20 other kids. But it?s not a disgrace, It?s hockey.? - Michael Farber

heh, the Cubs are lazy, they just wear green hats. curiously enough, the Brewers don't even do that (I don't even think they did when they had green in their colors)

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

heh, the Cubs are lazy, they just wear green hats. curiously enough, the Brewers don't even do that (I don't even think they did when they had green in their colors)

any one have a picture of that? its got to be on of the ugliest sights know to man

OhioStateBuckeyesLightBanner.png by RoscoeUA

hailtothechief.png by gingerbreadman

shoot, we aint alone...there's several teams nowadays who just wear a green hat and don't bother with a matching jersey-I recall the Rockies and Rangers were also guilty, and possibly the Braves too. plop, either do or don't-just the special hat looks lazy.

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

Well, we have these to look forward to this season in the NBA:

NBAStPatricksDay_PL_2006.jpg

NBAStPatricksDay_PL2_2006.jpg

I saw those too, I can't begin to imagine what they plan on doing with those :wacko: I anticipate a whole series of holiday logos... easter, christmas, thanksgiving -- i thought i saw that those were also coming out eventually but it may have been some horrible dream.

---

Chris Creamer
Founder/Editor, SportsLogos.Net

"The Mothership" News Facebook X/Twitter Instagram

Archived