LILG'S MINOR LEAGUE CHALLENGE V

Gary

WELL Gentlemen, it is here, the only contest that deals with the MINOR LEAGUES. This time we are dealing with the worst league that deals with logos. Anyone have a guess? Yup the ABA!!! So your job is to makeover a team of your choice and make them the best in the league. The deadline to makeover an ABA team is the 13th, and than on the 14th we will have ourselves the voting. Of course we will have a first tier-second tier rankings as well, so that way there is a shot for some of you. Here are the requirements and optionals

Requirements

Primary Logo

Alternate Logo

Home Uniform

Away Unifrom

Basketball Court

Optional

Tietiary Logo

Alternate Uniform

Deadline

November 13, 2005

Source of Logos

ABA Live

Now Remember PLEASE AND I MEAN PLEASE do not take dibs on one team, anyone can choose the same team if they'd like. Remember have fun do what you'd like and good luck. If your concept is posted outside this competition you will be taken out of the competition and will be disqualified.

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Here's a very early peak at the Utah Stars:

Utah.png

"Utah"'s a little hard to read, so I think I'm going to change it to the LA stars instead, make it a bit more simple and easy to read.

I know that little star carrying the ball is kinda fru-fru lookin', but it's just too damned cute! I think it'd make a decent secondary logo. Shut up, kids would like it!

The below to be updated once the newest banner is raised!
spacer.png

Do we have to keep team names?  A la "Northeast Pennsylvania Breakers" or "Reigning Knights of Georgia"?

Also, I love that this league has an "Aviators," "Pilots," AND "Flight."  ROCK ON.

yes you must keep the names and keep them in the same city. But if you are going to change the name in a city that have had an ABA franchise in the old school era(60s-70s before the ABA-NBA Merger), than yes you can change the name to the old school name of the city

yes you must keep the names and keep them in the same city. But if you are going to change the name in a city that have had an ABA franchise in the old school era(60s-70s before the ABA-NBA Merger), than yes you can change the name to the old school name of the city

Thanks for the clarification. Also, can we post early versions?; like if we have a logo but no uniforms yet. Or does the submission have to come all at once?

HURRICANES | PANTHERS | WHITE SOX | WOLFPACK

yes you must keep the names and keep them in the same city.  But if you are going to change the name in a city that have had an ABA franchise in the old school era(60s-70s before the ABA-NBA Merger), than yes you can change the name to the old school name of the city

Thanks for the clarification. Also, can we post early versions?; like if we have a logo but no uniforms yet. Or does the submission have to come all at once?

yeah you can go ahead and post the early drafts, just as long as you replace it with the finalized copy and let us know that you have updated

Archived