North Carolina Hockey Concept

phayze

Wow, bravo man!

You got basic, simple, and amazing looking down pat!

I think when designing hockey jerseys it's really easy to get out of hand and start adding all kinds of hooplah.

A++ would do business with again.

The below to be updated once the newest banner is raised!
spacer.png

[quotei think it's a midnight blue, but it's pretty hard to tell. There are more photos in the link at the bottom, but nothing conclusive.

UNC Club Hockey ]

Why does the goalie have red pads :blink:

because for club hockey teams, the schools don't pay for the equipment, except maybe the jersey and socks....therefore the goalie (who is most likely from either canada or somewhere in the northern part of the US) will usually use pads that he already owns. i know the clemson goalie doesn't have orange pads. and the level of hockey is pretty terrible, i think my adult rec league team here in greenville can beat most of these club teams.

[quotei think it's a midnight blue, but it's pretty hard to tell. There are more photos in the link at the bottom, but nothing conclusive.

UNC Club Hockey ]

because for club hockey teams, the schools don't pay for the equipment, except maybe the jersey and socks....therefore the goalie (who is most likely from either canada or somewhere in the northern part of the US) will usually use pads that he already owns. i know the clemson goalie doesn't have orange pads. and the level of hockey is pretty terrible, i think my adult rec league team here in greenville can beat most of these club teams.

I believe alot of them are similar to College Rugby. The primary goal is to have fun and get drunk afterwards.

I'm sure there are serious club teams out there, but I have a feeling a vast majority of them aren't all that serious other than tehy love hockey.

UNC Club Hockey ]

I believe alot of them are similar to College Rugby. The primary goal is to have fun and get drunk afterwards.

I'm sure there are serious club teams out there, but I have a feeling a vast majority of them aren't all that serious other than tehy love hockey.

interesting how here at the University of Oregon, those two clubs (rugby and hockey) are only club because the school doesn't want the liability from the injuries - it's funny how those two sports are not really big out here, yet they are some of the toughest and most competitive teams at the school. funny how that works, eh?

OD_Signature.jpg

UNC Club Hockey ]

Division 2 and 3 teams maybe are more laid back and not as competitive, but ACHA Division 1, which includes some big name teams such as Penn State, Ohio, Illinois, Lindenwood, Iowa State, etc., are all huge hockey programs. Even some "southern" club teams would suprise you about their professionalism. Such as Tennessee, Georgia Tech, South Florida, Oklahoma and such.

Club hockey is anything but beer league. (Though maybe a few select schools don't take it as seriously.) The top club teams can easily compete with real varsity NCAA teams. The only reason they don't go varsity is because of the NCAA's restrictions or inadequate facilities. (Penn State and Syracuse are currently awaiting arenas to move up to the NCAA) Infact, Penn State just beat a NCAA D-1 team in an exhibition game a week or two ago.

Many club players have gone professional, mostly in the European leagues and lower end North American minor leagues.

Really the only major differences between the NCAA and ACHA club hockey is school scholarships and funding. And in some cases, even the club teams receive funding from the schools.

And yes, the North Carolina goalie is probably wearing red pads because he didn't want to dish out the money for new pads or he is somewhat emotionally attached to his pads or something. :P The ACC schools probably have some of the worst club teams in the country so don't really expect much effort or money to be put forth at North Carolina. (Although Duke generally has a pretty good team I think.)

Infact, Penn State just beat a NCAA D-1 team in an exhibition game a week or two ago.

Not to disrespect PSU's club hockey team, but they beat Robert Morris who is only in their 2nd year of D-I play. Plus it was an exhibition, meaning RM didn't play their top goaltender the entire game and probably had a few players playing who normally wouldn't see the ice much.

If PSU came into D-I right now, they'd be at or near the bottom of the barrel.

Archived