Quick 'N' Dirty Redskins Hockey Crossover

lost_limey

Yellow pants = :puke:...but that's just me. The jersey's fine, I might slide the stripes up a bit farther, like mid-arm range. Everything else looks alright, well, nobody makes red skates, but that's nothing major. Nice job, I just don't like the yellow pants. Maybe try black or maroon.

if Joe Gibbs were running the show, they would only wear the white jerseys and maroon shorts...

I dig the yellow, but I'm a 'Skins fan since birth and remember the yellow pants with fondness...lol. :D

On January 16, 2013 at 3:49 PM, NJTank said:

Btw this is old hat for Notre Dame. Knits Rockne made up George Tip's death bed speech.

if Joe Gibbs were running the show, they would only wear the white jerseys and maroon shorts...

I dig the yellow, but I'm a 'Skins fan since birth and remember the yellow pants with fondness...lol. :D

Well, yellow pants look fine for football, but dark pants are basically traditional for hockey.

Well, yellow pants look fine for football, but dark pants are basically traditional for hockey.

I understand your point, and would be in agreement if it were any other team but my beloved Redskins...

But I hate relying on "tradition" on the boards, it's a concept...go crazy.

Btw this is old hat for Notre Dame. Knits Rockne made up George Tip's death bed speech.

How about barberpole striping the sleeves? Or at least another set - I always liked the Redskins' unbalanced stripes on the pants and on the sleeves. They're a little minimized here.

And gold pants... please no. I get what you're going for, but it looks wrong on a hockey concept. Plus - gold pants with white jerseys? Yeesh!

"Start spreading the news... They're leavin' today... Won't get to be a part of it... In old New York..."

2007nleastchamps.png

In order for the Mets' run of 12 losses in 17 games to mean something, the Phillies still had to win 13 of 17.

And gold pants... please no. I get what you're going for, but it looks wrong on a hockey concept. Plus - gold pants with white jerseys? Yeesh!

On the Next Iteration (plus the road version, the pants will be burgundy.

sknshockey.png

I might actually do a road set, and maybe a few more teams when I'm done with my NFL tweak project.

If I saw that in a sports clothing store I'd shell out for it. I think it's cool. I'd like to see more NFL/NCAA/CFL hockey jersey concepts. My favorites would be University of Texas Longhorns and BC Loins.

FF_118960_s.jpg70624.jpg

lions.gif

pistons%20logo.JPGcanucks_logo.jpg

Two things - one on the concept (which, overall, I like), and one on peoples comments:

First, the numbers go on the sleves, not on the shoulders. I understand you're going for a cross-over look, and are trying to copy the 'Skins unis, but on a hockey jersey (see the 'Pen's '80's jerseys), #'s on the shoulders look bad).

Second, they are hockey pants, or breezers, not shorts! No-one in or around hockey would call them shorts. Trust me. (In fact, Barry Melose corrected Dave Ryan on-air durring an ESPN-U NCAA Regional broadcast just last year after Dave called them "shorts." How embarrasing is that...)

Moose

First, the numbers go on the sleves, not on the shoulders. I understand you're going for a cross-over look, and are trying to copy the 'Skins unis, but on a hockey jersey (see the 'Pen's '80's jerseys), #'s on the shoulders look bad).

Honestly, I had the numbers on the Sleeves initially, but it looked too plain on the shoulders without a secondary logo to go there. I think I may do a Bruins and have the Shoulder logo and crest all be the same.

We shall see.

And I used pants the whole way through this thread, they aren't shorts.

I'll admit it, I said shorts, but I'm ignorant when it comes to hockey. I said shorts because they look like shorts, my bizzle, dizzles.

It looks good, but, although I understand the logic, I think its redundant to have the chest logo also as a shoulder logo. Maybe you could put Joe Gibbs's "R" logo or this one from '71-'72:

1059.gif

on the shoulder instead.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Dr. Kelso: My son is a big baseball fan. Not so much playing it, but more the designing and sewing of uniforms.

Tyler: That's neat.

Dr. Kelso: No, it's not.

Archived