Chicago Cubs uniforms

nickelcat15

I've never been a fan of the blue uniforms. And while I like the road uniforms, I kinda liked the road uniforms they had back in '95 & '96 with the "Cubs" script.

As a Die-Hard Cub Fan, here's the changes I would like to see...

- Get rid of the blue uniforms.

- Return the last names to the home uniforms.

- Replace the current blue with a dark blue, same color as the Spring Training/BP unis.

- Have alternate vest uniforms to replace the current blue ones. I like the sleeveless unis. Exact same white/home & gray/road uniforms, sans sleeves. Dark blue undershirts with the Walking Bear C logo, same as the regular unis.

I whipped up these as an example...

Home

Away

Home alt.

Away Atl.

LOVE the alts....Road looks good as well ......Cant touch the home uni's , though....Keeping the name off the back works for me....

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I've never been a fan of the blue uniforms. And while I like the road uniforms, I kinda liked the road uniforms they had back in '95 & '96 with the "Cubs" script.

- Replace the current blue with a dark blue, same color as the Spring Training/BP unis.

- Have alternate vest uniforms to replace the current blue ones. I like the sleeveless unis. Exact same white/home & gray/road uniforms, sans sleeves. Dark blue undershirts with the Walking Bear C logo, same as the regular unis.

Home

Away

Home alt.

Away alt.

Bad changes.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

I've never been a fan of the blue uniforms.  And while I like the road uniforms, I kinda liked the road uniforms they had back in '95 & '96 with the "Cubs" script. 

- Have alternate vest uniforms to replace the current blue ones.  I like the sleeveless unis.  Exact same white/home & gray/road uniforms, sans sleeves. Dark blue undershirts with the Walking Bear C logo, same as the regular unis.

Home

Away

Home alt.

Away alt.

Bad changes.

While I don't mind the concept of a vest

CU42H48_W.jpg

(this one's not bad) - but the undershirt was aweful:

1942Cubs.jpg

(yes, the white point coming down the shoulder is part of the undershirt)

I don't like provine's vests. If you're going to do vests, don't just take the current uni, and lop off the sleve. Do something different. Make it a true alt. or throwback like the above.

As for provine's road - I don't understand what the obsession is with eliminating the red. Why leave it on the hat, if you hate it on the uni so much? It's the third color, let it stay on the numbers! You left it as an accent on the homes right (two color numbers)? That's what it's doing on the roads, accenting the blue...

Just my 2 cents...

Moose

I wouldn't mind bringing back the Cuba script, and I wouldn't mind a vest. I don't hate the grays, though they could use some sprucin up. Only thing I mind, really, is the BP uniforms being navy, though I guess they need to be cus they're nearly identical to the blues.

:evil: FEW MONTHS AGO, I SAW RUMORS ABOUT THE CUBS GETTING A RED

ALTERNATE JERSEY FOR NEXT SEASON. I HOPE NOT, BECAUSE THAT WOULD BE THE BEGINNING OF ARMUGEDDEN!!!

calm down...nothin some sparklin water cant' fix ^_^

oh yeah, lay off the caps lock :D

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

I don't mind the red trim. I was just using the uniforms on this site as my "template" ... mine aren't the best example. I'd like the unis to basically stay the same, just darken the blue to the shade they use during spring training. (oh, and bring on the vests)...

As in not-cubbie blue? nothx

I also would LOVE an appropriate (read: non-pullover) version of the road jerseys from 1982-1989 ->

nl_1982_chicago.gif

There is no appropriate version of this road uniform. White pants on the road will always look like a softball uniform when matched with a colored jersey. Buttons or no buttons, this look needs to stay dead and buried.

Vests? Why all the love for vests? The novelty is wearing off with every team that adds them. TCR's return-to-the-'60s block script works perfectly in royal blue with red outline. It's clean, it's simple, it says "Chicago Cubs" to me more than the other scripts they've tried. And going with the "Cuba" script is not the best idea, either - the cross-town team uses a script "Chicago" on their roadies, and you shouldn't use the team nickname on the road... especially if you don't even use it at home.

Red alts? Is anyone thinking logically here? Two division rivals wear predominantly red (well, the Reds wear a lot of black, but you get the idea), and have done so for over a century. You really see the Cubs going with a red jersey?

"Start spreading the news... They're leavin' today... Won't get to be a part of it... In old New York..."

2007nleastchamps.png

In order for the Mets' run of 12 losses in 17 games to mean something, the Phillies still had to win 13 of 17.

Red = Cardinals...

The Yankees have a touch of red in their logo...how about a red Yankees uniform... you should be banished for a month from the board even suggesting red for the Cubbies.. come on... take a logo history class and we'll see you in December... red, stupid...

Gameplan | A Strategy for Achieving an Objective.

Logomeisters- Please pay attention to history on the Cubs uniforms...

http://www.baseballhalloffame.org/exhibits...meline_1940.htm

Cubs should adopt a vest to claim what's rightfully theirs...

And get those names back onto the uniforms pronto...

So? Lots of teams wore terrible stuff in the past. I don't see the White Sox taking back their collars, or the Pirates reclaiming yellow shirts and pillbox caps.

Lifelong Cardinals fan, but one who's always respected our rivalry. I think the Cubs homes are great looking, and I don't hate the no-names, but I think they looked better without.

The roads need some help IMO. I don't know what, but its not the Cuba Cubs ones that's for sure..again...opinion.

I'd love to see those with the "fancy" script as a throw back. Those are sharp with the pinstripes and all. Was it 1936? It was 1932.

This would have been awesome to watch at Wrigley in the summer of 1932:

nl_1932_stlouis.gif

Away

vs.

nl_1932_chicago.gif

Pinstriped Home

I'd love to see those with the "fancy" script as a throw back.  Those are sharp with the pinstripes and all.  Was it 1936?  It was 1932.

This would have been awesome to watch at Wrigley in the summer of 1932:

nl_1932_stlouis.gif

Away

vs.

nl_1932_chicago.gif

Pinstriped Home

You never would have seen it, because the pinstriped jerseys you mention (with that "fancy" script - incidentially, my favorite Cubs font) debuted, I believe, in the World Series in 1932. They returned (I'm not sure in what capacity - alt?) in 1933, but the Cards were back to the "Cardinals" script by '33...

FWIW, here's a better look at Mitchell & Ness' version of the jersey:

CU32W03_W.jpg

And their version of the font:

cu32w03_detail.jpg

Moose

You know, the Cubs and Sox should do two 1906 throwback days, one at Wrigley and one at the Cell:

Sox (1906) ->

al_1906_chicago.gif

Cubs (1906) ->

nl_1906_chicago.gif

The two teams actually did wear these unis in their first-ever interleague game in 1997 (at US Comiskular Field)...photos anyone?

Red = Cardinals...

The Yankees have a touch of red in their logo...how about a red Yankees uniform... you should be banished for a month from the board even suggesting red for the Cubbies.. come on... take a logo history class and we'll see you in December... red, stupid...

don't hate me because I'm smart and beautiful.

You know, the Cubs and Sox should do two 1906 throwback days, one at Wrigley and one at the Cell:

Sox (1906) ->

al_1906_chicago.gif

Cubs (1906) ->

nl_1906_chicago.gif

The two teams actually did wear these unis in their first-ever interleague game in 1997 (at US Comiskular Field)...photos anyone?

Funny you mention that, I just found my tape of it the other day.

The Sox wore their 1917 world series throwbacks. They looked nice, and were more authentic than the ones they wore in 2001. No logo on the hats, and every player had the pants hiked up showing those beautiful striped socks.

The Cubs wore 1911 road throwbacks, for some reason. The hat, jersey, and pants were all solid navy, and they wore navy football-style socks. Those jerseys also looked nice.

OldRomanSig2.jpg

Archived