New Orleans Saints Jerseys

tmigraphics

I love those old unis! I'll see what I can do to whip up modern versions of those for ya. As far as the lack of support for the Saints... it scares me. I've seen it in a version before... can we say Georgia Frontarearie? I know I mispelled that witches name but as someone who grew up with the Rams and Dickerson, yeah I hate her and the Rams. It just so reminds me of the way the Rams fans didn't show up in the last year or so to protest and lo and behold she used that as a reason to move the team. If Benson doesn't sell, he'll use the lack of fans to move the team! It's sad. :cursing:

• 3 weeks later...
I love those old unis! I'll see what I can do to whip up modern versions of those for ya. As far as the lack of support for the Saints... it scares me. I've seen it in a version before... can we say Georgia Frontarearie? I know I mispelled that witches name but as someone who grew up with the Rams and Dickerson, yeah I hate her and the Rams. It just so reminds me of the way the Rams fans didn't show up in the last year or so to protest and lo and behold she used that as a reason to move the team. If Benson doesn't sell, he'll use the lack of fans to move the team! It's sad. :cursing:

This is so cool. It's from eBay and these are the same uni's as on the SI cover but with the black jersey.

ebay254edited7rzMedium.jpg

92512B20-6264-4E6C-AAF2-7A1D44E9958B-481-00000047E259721F.jpeg

OK lets just cut to the chase here...

Is there ANY aspect of the old gold SI cover uniforms that is not superior to the current Jr. High unis that the Saints currently use? The old gold, the bigger logo, the striping pattern etc etc? Perhaps the single white stripe should be altered, but that's about it in terms of color.

I think that most Saints fans would be fine with seeing them in these oldies. They would be less disturbed by the throwbacks than many of us are at seeing the current extra black, multi logo, wrong color gold, goofy logo version.

My 1.2 cents adjusted for inflation.

BroncosSig.jpg

Personally, the only thing I'd change from those uniforms is the helmet stripe. I'd replace the single white stripe with a single black stripe.

Other than that, they're perfect. Better than 3/4 of the uniforms in the NFL, not to mention the mess that currently is the Saints uniform....

• 3 weeks later...

This is just to confirm (to myself) that I'm not losing my mind. I knew I'd seen the Saints in a modern-day jersey with the gold numbers - not a throwback - and this finally confirms it (note sleeve logo). They only wore them briefly in the late 1990's and I'm not even sure they wore them all year 'cause the NFL griped that the gold on white was too hard to see. And, in Saintesque fashion, the jersey has the original "copper" gold while the remainder of the uni is the modern washed-out gold. :wacko:

wuerffel.jpg

Also very cool is the 1970 silver-on-white Raaaai-duhs jerseys:

img10081193090.jpeg

This is my favorite era in Saints jerseys. Whenever I use them in Madden I always select this jersey style:

DWaymerNo.jpg

HbrennerNo.JPG

JEverettNo.JPG

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Dr. Kelso: My son is a big baseball fan. Not so much playing it, but more the designing and sewing of uniforms.

Tyler: That's neat.

Dr. Kelso: No, it's not.

The Aints wore those jerseys from 1996-98. In '99 they changed back to the black numbers, and the next year made the helmet logo smaller. Then in '01 they went with the horrendous 'leotard' all-black look before finally regaining their senses for the '02 season.

Well, that's what the uniform website says but not my memory. Being an avid Saints fan (you need to learn to spell, you left off the S... :P ) I'd remember if they wore those jerseys for 3 seasons. They also wore the all-black and black pants/socks after '01.

Packers v. Saints from packers.com

Here are more in-game pics of the saint's white w/ gold numbers jersey.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Dr. Kelso: My son is a big baseball fan. Not so much playing it, but more the designing and sewing of uniforms.

Tyler: That's neat.

Dr. Kelso: No, it's not.

The Aints wore those jerseys from 1996-98. In '99 they changed back to the black numbers, and the next year made the helmet logo smaller. Then in '01 they went with the horrendous 'leotard' all-black look before finally regaining their senses for the '02 season.

Well, that's what the uniform website says but not my memory. Being an avid Saints fan (you need to learn to spell, you left off the S... :P ) I'd remember if they wore those jerseys for 3 seasons. They also wore the all-black and black pants/socks after '01.

No, Blue Falcon is right - the Saints did wear those uniforms for a couple of years. I remember Kerry Collins and Jake Delhomme in that style. I remember because the number font was different. In 1996, it was regular block like they wear now - I remember a photo shot of Eric Allen trying to defend a Michael Jackson of the Ravens when Baltimore wore the purple jerseys and black pants at home. Allen had gold numbers outlined in black, and a 30th anniversary patch on the jersey.

Then in 1997, they changed to to what Danny Weurfful was wearing on that card. Slight change in number font, but the gold (outlined in black) numbers on white jerseys were around for a couple of years.

Then they changed the helmet logo in 2000, I think.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

You're right, they did wear the white jersey/black pants combo in 2002 but only for road games and not home games too. At home they wore black jersey/gold pants in 2002 instead of the all-black ballerina uniforms.

BTW, whatever happened to the gold alt jersey? Collecting dust next to the orange Browns jersey?

NorthernColFightingWhites4.GIF

Archived