Charlotte Bobcats Concept

AAO

Particularly, I wanted a color scheme not found in the NBA as of yet. We've seen blue and orange--but never dark teal and orange, along with a greenish grey. The C tertiary mark, i'm not too fond of yet, I need it to look more like an actual bobcat paw scratching.

EDIT/UPDATE:

Complete-CharlotteBobcats3.gif

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The whiskers against the gray stick out too much. They should be swept back more. The ears should have tuffs of hair sticking out. The C secondary is a miss IMO. I like the colors, although I'd have to see how they are used on the uniforms. I could see scratches through the C instead.

To me, the jury is out.

shysters_sm.jpg

"One of my concerns is shysters show up and take advantage of people's good will and generosity".

The head is a solid start. It has great flow and energy. It has some bobcat characteristics, though it could use a few more to truly get the idea across. The wordark is okay. The kerning is off, and the letterforms need some individual attention. (The "T" needs to be wider at the top). The cat on the wordmark though, needs some work. It looks like it's wearing a barbershop cloak. It needs more orange, for one, and for two, its just a few curved lines to define the entire body of a wild cat. Get some aggressive shoulders or paws in there, some jagged fur, some, anything. The tail looks very strange ond out of place as well. It all just kind of looks unfinished except for the head. Good points also are the way-too-thick grey outline around the whiskers and the absence of those bobcat characteristics, like the ear tufts. Bottom teeth are rarely larger than top teeth. The tongue looks really flat. The head needs some work after all.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

The head is a solid start. It has great flow and energy. It has some bobcat characteristics, though it could use a few more to truly get the idea across. The wordark is okay. The kerning is off, and the letterforms need some individual attention. (The "T" needs to be wider at the top). The cat on the wordmark though, needs some work. It looks like it's wearing a barbershop cloak. It needs more orange, for one, and for two, its just a few curved lines to define the entire body of a wild cat. Get some aggressive shoulders or paws in there, some jagged fur, some, anything. The tail looks very strange ond out of place as well. It all just kind of looks unfinished except for the head. Good points also are the way-too-thick grey outline around the whiskers and the absence of those bobcat characteristics, like the ear tufts. Bottom teeth are rarely larger than top teeth. The tongue looks really flat. The head needs some work after all.

Ditto. And just to add to that, to me, that C logo with the paw on it sort of looks like the C has a Santa Clause-looking hat on it. That needs to look more like an actual paw.

I really do like the idea, I just think it needs some work.

teamsnew2.png

I'm not too fond of this as is, AAO. To me, it looks less like a Bobcat and more like a pissed off house cat.

As for the wordmark, it gives me a more collegiate sense than an NBA franchise. And the fact that half of the Bobcat is covered by the wordmark is sort of annoying... the Bobcat needs to be the focus, not the wordmark. As it is, I see "CHARLOTTE BOBCATS" first, and then I see half of an animal.

Perhaps also change the pose of the cat... right now, even if you made it look like an angry Bobcat, it looks like its blown away by wind... perhaps making the cat moving forward as opposed to backward would help in making it appear more aggressive.

"The true New Yorker secretly believes that anyone living anywhere else has got to be, in some sense, kidding."

VERY solid work as usual. Better perspective of the bobcat unlike their current logo. Perfect colors too. Also, you might want to try a full body bobcat without the wordmark, just wondering what it would look like if you tried it. Nice work.

The cat in question still doesn't look like a bobcat...looks an awful lot like your Detroit Tiger "resdesign"...check gordie's cat for inspiration.

Try to make him look like he's ready to attack, not calling somebody a deusche (sic) over his shoulder.

Take from this what you will.

Welcome to DrunjFlix

Do bobcats even have long tails? I am wondering if they are called bobcats because it looks like they have a "bobbed" tail.

The weirdness in the face is probably because you have two angles going on at once. The eyes and nose+mouth are one angle, the furry outline is at another. That's why the face looks concave. To fix, add some of that cheek fur (what else would you call it?) on the left side, going past his nose. Then you can connect the ear and the whole thing won't be concave anymore.

Make any sense?

Do bobcats even have long tails? I am wondering if they are called bobcats because it looks like they have a "bobbed" tail.

Ah, you're right. They don't have long tails, but that can be fixed easily.

Archived