Vermont Lake Monsters

Brian in Boston

Good eye! I had forgotten this was being unveiled today.

uniforms.jpg

Mixed reaction.

I like the primary "V" cap, and I like both versions of the name-less logo (full-body monster and "V" monster).

The wordmark on the jerseys, however, is awful. Like it on the logo, but not on the jerseys. Interesting - the graphic doesn't have a number on the front of the roads, but the picture does. I'm going to presume that the graphic is wrong (and the state name angle is a little off as well).

And a white cap with all-gray road uniform? Or is that just supposed to be a white front panel? Either way, I don't much care for it.

So I'm split on it.

Ugh.  I don't mind the primary "V" cap, but the wordmark is awful.  And a white cap with all-gray road uniform?

I THINK it is just a white panel. The opposite of the Blue Jays when they wore the white-paneled caps at home and the solid ones on the road. Assuming that is the case, the LakeMonsters just have it backwards. If it is actually a white cap, you are dead on -- ugh.

al_1989_toronto_01.gif

EDIT: It looks like you edited while I was posting. Damnit!!

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

Originator of the Upside Down Sarcasm Smilie -- November 1, 2005  🙃

Good design.

But not really a good logo/font for minor league baseball.

When I think of baseball, I think of America's pastime.

When I think of Vermont (and I used to live there) I think old-fashioned.

This logo embodies neither. Cool concept. But just looks silly for vermont.

Oh, and, you are right, Vermont Champs would have been the best name. Vermont Lake Monsters is too long, maybe Lake Vermonsters would have worked better.... ha!

And a white cap with all-gray road uniform? Or is that just supposed to be a white front panel? Either way, I don't much care for it.

Put the white panel hat on the white uniform...

the blue hat on the green uniform...

and the grey hat on the grey uniform.

Oh, and remove the monster from the V on the hat.

The logo looks really good, and the unis look nice.

I don't know about three different color hats for three different jerseys, though. And a white hat for the gray away jersey? I can't imagine this looking good, but I guess we'll see.

AM.gif

I think its a great looking package. I will have to admit I don't think the wordmark on the home jersey looks that great, either, but it does look better on the photo then on the template, whose bold colors and thick lines tend to overwhelm the artwork. The wordmark pops better on the real jersey.

LT

Archived