MLL's Denver Outlaws Unveil Logo...

Brian in Boston

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

Originator of the Upside Down Sarcasm Smilie -- November 1, 2005  🙃

540.jpeg.100.jpeg

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

Anyone else think the "Outlaws" wordmark is a ripoff the Eagles?

Some resemblance, but not enough to call it a "ripoff" IMO. It is sort of like the recents MudHens/Brewers discussion.

No.

The letters that the two wordmarks share - A, L and S - are completely different. The Outlaws' font is much more "rounded" in style, while the Eagles' font is rendered in a "boxier", more "angled" style. The Outlaws' font is simply outlined, while the Eagles' font features a pronounced drop shadow on its lower edge.

You're focusing on nothing more than the serifs at the extreme upper-lefthand and upper-righthand corners of the wordmarks... and even those differ. There is a much "smoother" curve at work in the way in which the serifs extend from the O and S in the Outlaws' wordmark, as opposed to the sharp angles where the serifs meet the E and S in the Eagles' wordmark.

Well, barb wire usually means confinement. To me, and maybe it's just me, an outlaw is someone breaking confinment and rules and structure.

The team name and the logo are in conflict!

Stay Tuned Sports Podcast
sB9ijEj.png

ya looks like a barb from barbwire infront of an O.. incase anyone was still confused. Even though at first glance I thought the white/gray part inside the barb looked kinda like a sword. It looks pretty tight though

impossiblefp4.jpg

The World Basketball Championship, the Davis Cup, Ryder Cup, Iraq: Every day there's further proof that we, as a nation, are not very good at international competition.

Adrenalin Design here in Denver did this logo... Probably one of their better designs, IMO.

BTW, they've done an excellent job on the Denver Broncos 'Broncos Country' promotional campaign this year.

Some resemblance, but not enough to call it a "ripoff" IMO. It is sort of like the recents MudHens/Brewers discussion.

Very first think I thought of too.

I agree, not close enough to be a rip-off, but definately heavily inspired by.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Adrenalin Design here in Denver did this logo... Probably one of their better designs, IMO.

Wow, that's impressive. They did the Chicago Fire identity package and it's a totally different style. Which of course it ought to be, but there doesn't seem to even be any telltale design tic between the two. It's also been a few years...

The bigger question here is this:

How is a low-profile, traditionally east-coast sport going to do with a sudden transcontinental expansion? I mean, lacrosse is a fantastic game to watch, but if a team really does open for business in Chicago, I might be the only one watching them.

And playing in Mile High? Even in Baltimore, where they held the NCAAs at the Ravens' field last year, the Bayhawks play on the campus of Johns Hopkins.

I will say this for the league: it's lasted 5 seasons with relative stabily (only one franchise moving) and seems to be doing relatively okay for itself. I just think that suddenly plunking down teams in Chicago and L.A. might be a case of too much, too soon. (See USFL, 1984.)

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

And playing in Mile High?  Even in Baltimore, where they held the NCAAs at the Ravens' field last year, the Bayhawks play on the campus of Johns Hopkins.

The reason that the Outlaws are calling Invesco at Mile High home is because Pat Bowlen owns the team. While playing in such a large facility will do nothing for game atmosphere, you have to admit that the price is right. As in, for all intents and purposes, free.

Archived