Return of the Mooterus

Sodboy13

Just saw highlights of tonight's Dallas-Columbus game, and the Stars are back in those horrendous black alts. I thought I had read here that those were getting scrapped for this season. Or was that just unbridled optimism on my part?

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

Just saw highlights of tonight's Dallas-Columbus game, and the Stars are back in those horrendous black alts.  I thought I had read here that those were getting scrapped for this season.  Or was that just unbridled optimism on my part?

I thought I had read that they were required by the NHL to wear them a minimum number of games this season, and that they would be gone for '06-'07...

Moose

edit, beesharps beat me to it by 8 seconds...

yeah. this is the 3rd time the stars have worn them this season.... 3rd or 4th. i only remember 3 specifically.

the stars are doing their best to not wear them, but the NHL is making them wear them 7 times....

great thing is, only 3 of the 7 times will be at home (or was it 4 again? who knows...). the fans hate them so much that they're wearing them on the road as much as possible, to meet the minimum.

i think mike modano had the best quote about those, after the last game the stars wore them.

the stars went down big, early in the game, but ended up coming back to win... modano said something along the lines of "after the first period, we were about ready to bring those things down to city hall and burn them."

the fans hate them, the players hate them, the lady who was in charge of getting them designed was fired during the lockout... that jersey is a mess, and thankfully it's gone after this year.

you know who designed it? the same design firm that designed the NYR alterate.

Hopefully the next Stars' alternate will be original and well executed. After all, their last two alts have been nothing more than recolored versions of previous All-Star jerseys. I say they should look to the I-Stars for inspiration.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

I can see the writing on the wall already. I hate this jersey, but I fear I must own one.

I have the Wild Wing Ducks alt, the Vancouver giant "V", the Islanders Fisherman and the LA Kings Burger King alt in my collection of ugly, hated jerseys.

A few years from now these are going to be ultra scarce and collectors will want them and I will regret not adding to to my "Hall of Shame" collection. Perhaps the time to buy is now while prices are low. This is going to be painful...

JeffB

HansonsSig.jpg

Click here to read Third String Goalie - The Hockey Jersey of the Day Blog

Click here to see my hockey and baseball jersey collection online

?You don?t like to see 20 kids punching 20 other kids. But it?s not a disgrace, It?s hockey.? - Michael Farber

you know who designed it? the same design firm that designed the NYR alterate.

Normally I'd say "1 for 2 ain't bad" - the Rangers' alt is one of my favourite alts of all time - but Mooterus is that bad that... well, 1 for 2 is bad.

Proof that the CCSLC deserves an honourary veto for any new uniform, just to prevent the teams from making grievous errors like this one.

WINnipegSigBanner.gif

great thing is, only 3 of the 7 times will be at home (or was it 4 again? who knows...). the fans hate them so much that they're wearing them on the road as much as possible, to meet the minimum.

Who's going to wear white at home, though? Only the Maple Leafs have a white alternate. Or would the NHL let two teams wear colors if they were different enough, like the Nashville alternate?

What happened with those gold box neck alternates from a while back? They were briefly sold as fashion jerseys I think but weren't those supposed to be a full-time alternate?

1zgyd8w.jpg

Who's going to wear white at home, though? Only the Maple Leafs have a white alternate. Or would the NHL let two teams wear colors if they were different enough, like the Nashville alternate?

What happened with those gold box neck alternates from a while back? They were briefly sold as fashion jerseys I think but weren't those supposed to be a full-time alternate?

Don't forget the Habs, they to wear a white alt/throwback

I had the same feeling last night watching the game, thinking, these guys look shamed... They'd rather not be see in those...

So the question is:

What is the best DALLAS Stars Jersey so far?

For me it was the 1993-99 Black with arm stripes.

@Frenchie_TO
Owner of the Rochester Americans of the MLH

Owner of the Toronto Frenchies of the GCFHL6

So the question is:

What is the best DALLAS Stars Jersey so far?

Their current dark jersey is really and truly one of my all time favorite jerseys ever. When it first came out as their alternate, I was just blown away.

HansonsSig.jpg

Click here to read Third String Goalie - The Hockey Jersey of the Day Blog

Click here to see my hockey and baseball jersey collection online

?You don?t like to see 20 kids punching 20 other kids. But it?s not a disgrace, It?s hockey.? - Michael Farber

i love the current whites.

and about the road team wearing dark, i don't see the problem.

the burden is on the stars, to bring multiple uniforms on a road trip... not the on the home team. they've already worn it on the road against phoenix. phoenix just wore white at home for that game.

the change to dark at home was to help the road teams out... because they'd usually have to bring 2 uniforms on a road trip, because some teams would wear alternates at home, and some would wear light... if the stars are ok with bringing the whites and the mooterus on the road, then it's no problem.

the coyotes already have their reds and whites in phoenix... so it's no problem for them to just wear the whites instead.

and about the gold fan jerseys... they were supposed to be worn as an alternate, but the management decided they were too ugly... they still sell those places around dallas. i haven't picked one up, because it's ugly :) but i do like it much more than the rastafarian gynecological bovine.

Archived