NY Islanders

kroma

Yep, this is my third post for the Islanders! Just did an alternate cause i really think the one they have sucks! Hope you don't think mine does;

NYI.png

Did the logo using their old script and a lighthouse and puting the four stripes representing the stanley cup won on each sleeves. Hope you like!

Nice job overall, guy. Nice colors (but they don't match the shoulder logo, why?), the stripes for the cups is a nice touch as is using the old new font...lol. I'm not feeling the name and number fonts either. Oh, and shouldn't Satans number be 6 (that way there would be 3 6s on the uni...lol?

On January 16, 2013 at 3:49 PM, NJTank said:

Btw this is old hat for Notre Dame. Knits Rockne made up George Tip's death bed speech.

That's a solid alt logo. I like that--but would have it better match their current colors.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

not bad. i don't really like the numbers, but the jersey is much better than their current alt.

Im basically the opposite of you on this one. I think the numbers are interesting and different. But dont like the jersey that much. The lighthouse really doesnt do it for me. And I really like their alternate.

th_island1-med.gifStanley Cups 1980,1981,1982,1983

th_dodgers1-med.gifWorld Series Titles 1955,1959,1963,1965,1981,1988

th_boys1-med.gifSuper Bowl Titles VI,XII,XXVII,XXVIII,XXXth_jet2-med.gifSuper Bowl Title III

th_ny1-med.gifth_norangers-med.gif

newyorkislanders.gif

not bad. i don't really like the numbers, but the jersey is  much better than their current alt.

Im basically the opposite of you on this one. I think the numbers are interesting and different. But dont like the jersey that much. The lighthouse really doesnt do it for me. And I really like their alternate.

i won't say anything. i guess there are some who like it. lets just call it "an aquired taste"

Definety better than most Islander concepts seen in these parts. The new logo is nice. It's more classy and less cartoonish. I think the orange color is a bit on the brown side, but I do have to say it works fine with the dark shade of blue you chose.

The stripes on the sleeves are nice. About the only think I'm not too sure about with the jersey pattern is the arch of blue across the front of the jersey. Anyone who reads my comments knows it drives me nuts when you follow the Sharks jersey striping pattern without any deviation just because that's what's on the template, but at least you have done your own unique sleeves, but I'd be interested to see a version without the arch across the front. That makes the orange front of the jersey look like a bib to me.

Yes, the number font just doesn't seem to fit in as well as it should, but again, you've at least created something new and that will always earn you points with me.

A nice, solid effort that works pretty well. With a bonus point for the new crest, I'm going with an 8 of 10.

JeffB

HansonsSig.jpg

Click here to read Third String Goalie - The Hockey Jersey of the Day Blog

Click here to see my hockey and baseball jersey collection online

?You don?t like to see 20 kids punching 20 other kids. But it?s not a disgrace, It?s hockey.? - Michael Farber

Better than what they have, but I'm not buying this just yet.

1. The numbers... don't know that this style fits the Islanders' look, or their fan base. They look better in more traditional numbers IMO. These are treading near Oregon football alts/Rollerball...

2. If you're going to pay homage to the 4 Cup titles, I'd put 4 stripes (2 orange, 2 white) on both sleeves. On the patch, all 4 stripes are together. On the ends of the sleeves, it looks just like 2 stripes on each sleeve, and the significance of the 4 stripes together is lost.

3. Not liking the contrast-colored mesh on the sleeves, exacerbated by the fact that the mesh arcs across the chest and makes the fronts look bib-like.

Good start but it could be better.

"Start spreading the news... They're leavin' today... Won't get to be a part of it... In old New York..."

2007nleastchamps.png

In order for the Mets' run of 12 losses in 17 games to mean something, the Phillies still had to win 13 of 17.

Archived