NY Islanders concept

dgnmrwrw

Change the shoulders to white, then it will look good.

OK, updated. The road jersey looks MUCH better now, IMO.

Noooooooooooo!

On January 16, 2013 at 3:49 PM, NJTank said:

Btw this is old hat for Notre Dame. Knits Rockne made up George Tip's death bed speech.

Beautiful, great look for the Isles. Just out of curiousity, what would a pylon orange or light blue alt look like?

Yeah, I had been working on a light blue alt, and here she is. I like this one a lot.

NYIsles-3.png

HURRICANES | PANTHERS | WHITE SOX | WOLFPACK

I like this one a lot.

NYIsles-3.png

So do I! I think that logo is perfect to be their primary logo. Have the circle NY one as the alternate. I personally really live that lighthous logo.

On that white road one, though, I liked it with the blue shoulders. I just htink that top stripe looks weird without the blue shoulders.

teamsnew2.png

He's referring to Islanders player Miroslav Satan(pronounced Sahtan)

Close but not quite.

In Czech and Slovakian, there's an accent over the S, which makes it sound like "sh". Thus, Satan is "shuh-TAHN". Not "sat-on", which is approximately what your post said. The funniest part is that you are correcting someone who was being sarcastic in the first place. That's good stuff. ^_^

As for the concept, I'm all for it, with the exception of the Nike-like thick piping below the yoke. I'm picking up an Arizona football vibe just relocated to go between the name and number. If there was a way to minimize it just a little bit more, I'd be sold - but it captures the eye a little too much and takes away from the design as a whole. Besides that, I'm really liking these, home, road and alt. Great work!

"Start spreading the news... They're leavin' today... Won't get to be a part of it... In old New York..."

2007nleastchamps.png

In order for the Mets' run of 12 losses in 17 games to mean something, the Phillies still had to win 13 of 17.

I like them alot, esp. the alt., but i agree 100% with Vitamin D. He is absolutely right about that unnecessary piping around the yoke.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Dr. Kelso: My son is a big baseball fan. Not so much playing it, but more the designing and sewing of uniforms.

Tyler: That's neat.

Dr. Kelso: No, it's not.

I like this light blue a lot... it looks pretty similar to the Thrashers light blue. My question is what would you do if you had a player with a really long last name, like Nokelainen? All those letters would run over the arcs on the back of the jersey.

I agree with everyone who said that the stripes around the shoulders were too thick/too distracting. I had imagined the total width of the stripes to be about half an inch, but when I tried to produced them that thinly, they kinda just blurred together. I'll go back and try to make them look more thin. Also, I'll try to tweak the shape to accomodate longer names.

HURRICANES | PANTHERS | WHITE SOX | WOLFPACK

good concept, i tried to come up with something to critique but i really can't. its just different and takes a while to get used to but i really like it, definitely unique.

Cards08.jpg

World Champions: 1926 1931 1934 1942 1944 1946 1964 1967 1982 2006

Thanks for all the feedback. I've u[dated the home jersey according to some of your suggestions.

Here's what I've currently got for the home jersey. This one still needs a lot of work. I think perhaps the navy blue shoulder yoke should be white, to stay consistent. Or maybe change the white outline between the navy and the orange on the numbers to the light blue.

NYIsles-A.png

try making the orange part navy blue and making the piping orange, essentially just flip flopping the navy and orange parts.

Cards08.jpg

World Champions: 1926 1931 1934 1942 1944 1946 1964 1967 1982 2006

i can only imagine how amazing those concepts would look with the fisherman logo as the primary. those were indeed wasted logos, and i think they should bring them back, not to say that the current logo isnt good, but they should use one of the old ones as a shoulder logo instead of the patch comemmorating the 4 stanley cups (its not really a logo anyway). unbelievable job with the alts man. i'd drop $80 on one of those. :notworthy:

quinn_samardzija_sig.jpg

Archived