Your Top 5 NFL power rankings

In 5..4..3..2..1

InTheEnd88 the Pats beat the Steelers at Heinz Field earlier in the year with a depleted lineup and they both have the same record so you are lost my friend and the Bengals lost at home to the Bills so who have they beat lately, not the Bills. The Broncos I'm with you on that they beat the Pats earlier but let's remember something everyone, the Pats are undefeated under Bill in the playoffs with Tom Brady as QB.

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

1. Indy

2. Denver

3. Cincin

4. Pittsburgh

5. Seattle

I said it in week 10, i'll say it agian... the NFC will send their worst representative to the superbowl since Washington got killed.

But only because I think the 'hawks will get upset. If they go, it will all be ok, but MAN the NFC is terrible this year.

NCFA Sunset Beach Tech - Octopi

ΓΔΒ!

Going to college gets you closer to the real world, kind of like climbing a tree gets you closer to the moon.

"...a nice illustration of what you get when skill, talent, and precedent are deducted from 'creativity.' " - James Howard Kunstler

InTheEnd88 the Pats beat the Steelers at Heinz Field earlier in the year with a depleted lineup and they both have the same record so you are lost my friend and the Bengals lost at home to the Bills so who have they beat lately, not the Bills. The Broncos I'm with you on that they beat the Pats earlier but let's remember something everyone, the Pats are undefeated under Bill in the playoffs with Tom Brady as QB.

... they also lost 41-17 at home to San Diego, a team that will be watching the playoffs at home. They beat Pittsburgh because of a mistake with the clock -- by the way, con gratulations on that last second FG to beat a wildcard team, Pats. What they've done under Bill Belichek in the playoffs in the past does absolutely nothing towards winning them games this year -- they had more talented teams in the past, too. If they were in a division that was worth a :censored:, they may not have even made the playoffs -- if they were in the AFC West they'd have been lucky to finish above .500. They don't go into Denver and win, and they don't go into Indianapolis and win.

IUe6Hvh.png

InTheEnd88 the Pats beat the Steelers at Heinz Field earlier in the year with a depleted lineup and they both have the same record so you are lost my friend and the Bengals lost at home to the Bills so who have they beat lately, not the Bills. The Broncos I'm  with you on that they beat the Pats earlier but let's remember something everyone, the Pats are undefeated under Bill in the playoffs with Tom Brady as QB.

... they also lost 41-17 at home to San Diego, a team that will be watching the playoffs at home. They beat Pittsburgh because of a mistake with the clock -- by the way, con gratulations on that last second FG to beat a wildcard team, Pats. What they've done under Bill Belichek in the playoffs in the past does absolutely nothing towards winning them games this year -- they had more talented teams in the past, too. If they were in a division that was worth a :censored:, they may not have even made the playoffs -- if they were in the AFC West they'd have been lucky to finish above .500. They don't go into Denver and win, and they don't go into Indianapolis and win.

Hey, look! Another guy who continually doubts the Patriots! This same crap is said every single year, and you know what the result is. They weren't supposed to beat Indy last year, they weren't supposed to go into Pittsburgh and stop Big Ben, they weren't supposed to stop McNabb and T.O., either. They weren't supposed to stop the high-powered Rams offense in Super Bowl 36 and they weren't supposed to even get to Super Bowl 38 cause Indy was gonna beat them in Foxboro for the AFC Championship.

That aside, this is a different team than the one who lost to the Chargers and Colts. This is a team that, despite the clock miscue, would've beaten the Steelers anyway. They were tied when the clock screwed up, so don't act like Pittsburgh had the game in hand. This team will come together and be even more impressive than they have been in recent weeks. And say what you will about them beating teams like the Bucs, Bills and Jets, but it seems to me that the Bucs just knocked off the Falcons last night, and the Bills just went into Cincy and destroyed the Bengals. You can't measure the heart of a champion. The Patriots will show it again this year.

... They weren't supposed to miss the playoffs following their first Super Bowl.

Oh please... everyone's out to get the Patriots? Good lord -- for fans of a team that's one 3 out of the last 4 Super Bowls -- Pats fans sure do complain a lot. Yet, when the Colts fans rightfully complain that Ty Law was allowed to be all over Marvin Harrison by the officials, it's automatically dismissed as whining. I've never seen a fanbase so hungry for respect, which doesn't matter. Funny that i didn't hear people complaining about a lack of respect when they compared Tom Brady to Joe Montana four years into his career. ESPN jumps right on their :censored: after they beat the Bucs claiming they're "back"... beat a good team, first. I've said it from day one, the Bucs are not a good team. Oh... wait, they beat the Falcons? Well, I do believe they'll be sitting at home come playoff time, like the Pats would be if they weren't in the leagues worst division.

IUe6Hvh.png

... They weren't supposed to miss the playoffs following their first Super Bowl.

Oh please... everyone's out to get the Patriots? Good lord -- for fans of a team that's one 3 out of the last 4 Super Bowls -- Pats fans sure do complain a lot. Yet, when the Colts fans rightfully complain that Ty Law was allowed to be all over Marvin Harrison by the officials, it's automatically dismissed as whining. I've never seen a fanbase so hungry for respect, which doesn't matter. Funny that i didn't hear people complaining about a lack of respect when they compared Tom Brady to Joe Montana four years into his career. ESPN jumps right on their :censored: after they beat the Bucs claiming they're "back"... beat a good team, first. I've said it from day one, the Bucs are not a good team. Oh... wait, they beat the Falcons? Well, I do believe they'll be sitting at home come playoff time, like the Pats would be if they weren't in the leagues worst division.

Remember that whining you were talkin about?

I've had to defend them for almost half a decade, and I'll do it again. Watch them in the playoffs.

I'm not arguing your loyalty. I'm criticizing Patriots fans incessant need for respect, whining that they don't get it, apparently ignoring the fact that ESPN has been all over their :censored: for the last four years. Look at the Patriots Bud Light and Mastercard commercials -- you actually believe that they don't get respect? Because you sure act like it. Does Bruschi get the attention he got had he not played for the Patriots? No. If he was a Brown, a Lion, a Viking, he gets about a fifth of the attention, if that.

The last two years we've heard people rant on and on about how there is no stars -- how they can fill in any player on that roster and expect results because Belicheck is some sort of god like that to where he can instill talent into otherwise mediocre players. Players start to fall this year and the Pats suffer, and all of a sudden injuries are an excuse? Please.

IUe6Hvh.png

the AFC comprises 9 of the top 10 teams in the NFL this year. The sehawks are fifth.

Period.

NCFA Sunset Beach Tech - Octopi

ΓΔΒ!

Going to college gets you closer to the real world, kind of like climbing a tree gets you closer to the moon.

"...a nice illustration of what you get when skill, talent, and precedent are deducted from 'creativity.' " - James Howard Kunstler

Yeah, you do have to wonder what Seattle's record would be if they didn't get to beat up on the NFC West.

I'm changing my top five to...

1. Colts

2. Broncos

3. Bengals

4. Seahawks

5. Steelers

I think 12-3 out of the AFC West is more impressive than 13-2 out of the NFC West

The AFC Playoffs are going to be damn fun to watch.

IUe6Hvh.png

I bet a team from the NFC will win it all this year. Mark my words. Remember this post. I'm guarenteeing it.

If you're that confident, maybe you could you leave the boards premanetly if an AFC team wins. I'm sure someone around here would take you up on a bet like that.

6uXNWAo.png

Archived