Your Top 5 NFL power rankings

In 5..4..3..2..1

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Colts - Until they choke, or win it all, they're up here

Seahawks - They FINALLY have heart, and they now have the confidence to make it all the way

Bears - Soldier Field, and Rex Grossman, makes Chicago a danger in the playoffs

Broncos - If Jake can avoid a blowup, they have a great shot at Detroit

Bengals - Inconsistant, but on the verge of greatness, if they can string a few strong performances together, they're a threat.

Stay Tuned Sports Podcast
sB9ijEj.png

My Week 17 Power Rankings:

1. Colts (14-2)

2. Seahawks (13-3)

3. Broncos (13-3)

4. Bengals (11-5)

5. Giants (11-5)

1. Colts

2. Broncos

3. Seahawks

4. Bengals

5. Patriots

1.Patroits

2.Colts

3.Broncos

4.Bengals

5.Seahawks

I'm not trying to be mean, but why do you guys have the Bengals in the top five? They lost to a bad Buffalo team (when the Bengals needed a win), then got destroyed by Kansas City. I know Palmer wasn't in for most of that game, but Carson Palmer doesn't play defense, and Cincy's defense looked horrendous. And this was after Marvin Lewis berrated them all week long. I say the Bengals are the second-weakest team in the AFC - the Bengals' defense sucks.

Here's my top "five":

1. Broncos

2. Seahawks

3. Colts

4. Bears

5. Patriots

5a. Steelers

I believe if Chicago were to play Denver, they would beat 'em.

LOL

The Broncos only need 7 or 10 points to beat the Bears. I'd much rather take the Broncos running game, Plummer, and probably the best defense in the league over Rex Grossman/Kyle Orton, Moose, a bad offense, and the second (or third) best defense in the league. I live in Denver, but am no way a Broncos fan. I watch them a lot, and I know they'd kick the snocker out of the Bears. The Broncos are that good.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

The Broncos only need 7 or 10 points to beat the Bears.  I'd much rather take the Broncos running game, Plummer, and probably the best defense in the league over Rex Grossman/Kyle Orton, Moose, a bad offense, and the second (or third) best defense in the league.  I live in Denver, but am no way a Broncos fan.  I watch them a lot, and I know they'd kick the snocker out of the Bears.  The Broncos are that good.

Without watching the games, people have a difficult time accepting that Jake Plummer has changed his style, and appears to trust his teammates to make plays more -- so people keep expecting him to revert back to his old self. It hasn't happened yet, and it won't happen. I don't think people realize that the Broncos have the 2nd best turnover margin, the 4th best scoring defense, and the 7th best scoring offense.

edit: I should also add that they have the Super-Rookies playing opposite of Champ, this year, so we won't be relying on Lenny Walls' slow ass.

IUe6Hvh.png

The Broncos only need 7 or 10 points to beat the Bears.  I'd much rather take the Broncos running game, Plummer, and probably the best defense in the league over Rex Grossman/Kyle Orton, Moose, a bad offense, and the second (or third) best defense in the league.  I live in Denver, but am no way a Broncos fan.  I watch them a lot, and I know they'd kick the snocker out of the Bears.  The Broncos are that good.

Without watching the games, people have a difficult time accepting that Jake Plummer has changed his style, and appears to trust his teammates to make plays more -- so people keep expecting him to revert back to his old self. It hasn't happened yet, and it won't happen. I don't think people realize that the Broncos have the 2nd best turnover margin, the 4th best scoring defense, and the 7th best scoring offense.

edit: I should also add that they have the Super-Rookies playing opposite of Champ, this year, so we won't be relying on Lenny Walls' slow ass.

Denver also won't have to rely on Roc Alexander to cover anybody, THANK GOD!!

1. Colts

2. Broncos

3. Bengals

4. Steelers

5. Seahawks

6. Giants

7. Patriots

The Colts wont choke. The Seahawks might. The Broncos look for real. The Bungles look worse now than any time this year. The Steelers are the worst 4th best team the league has seen in years. The Bears can't win in the post season with that offense. The Patriots are a figment of people's imagination. The Giants have youthful exuberance going for them and against them.

NCFA Sunset Beach Tech - Octopi

ΓΔΒ!

Going to college gets you closer to the real world, kind of like climbing a tree gets you closer to the moon.

"...a nice illustration of what you get when skill, talent, and precedent are deducted from 'creativity.' " - James Howard Kunstler

The Patriots are a figment of people's imagination.

Huh huh :rolleyes::P

That front seven has gelled and is now back to form. The questionable secondary still worries me, as it should any Pats fan. Corey Dillon will probably have marginal success in any playoff game this year. Tom Brady is key - if he and his five layers of security are on their game, they win. If not, they won't win against Jacksonville, Denver, or Indy, or Pittsburgh.

Bengals- Offense and ability to get turnovers

Their ability to get turnovers will be in question as they face teams who don't turn the ball over. They no longer play the Minnesotas, the Clevelands, the Houstons, the Tennessees, and so on. The Bengals will struggle mightily against better offenses, just like they showed against Kansas City.

Exactly. Plummer now takes what he can get, instead of hoping for something huge on every play. He's not forcing anything. Lelie has helped him, as he's become a better receiver. Rod is Rod. The running backs are incredible. Plummer has matured greatly this year, and it's the big reason why the Broncos are the #2 seed. And the defense has forced many more turnovers than the last couple of years. Remember, last year, Troy Brown had more INT's than Champ Bailey. The secondary is much better, the linebackers are fantastic, and the trades to get Cleveland's defensive line have paid off incredibly.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

Bengals- Offense and ability to get turnovers

Their ability to get turnovers will be in question as they face teams who don't turn the ball over. They no longer play the Minnesotas, the Clevelands, the Houstons, the Tennessees, and so on. The Bengals will struggle mightily against better offenses, just like they showed against Kansas City.

But they might have a (slim) chance to play the Bears- in which they forced 5 turnovers.

As for my 5- and by five(5) i mean six(6)

1.Broncos- "Jake the Snake" is no longer "Jake the Mistake"

2.Colts-I believe they started 13 - 0

3.Seahawks- I believe they did not start 13- 0 but they're still grrrrrreat hence their running back(it's Shaun Alexander for those not in the know)

4.Patriots- Umm it's playoff time and they are the patriots. but i'm saddened by Tom Brady(Rodney Dangerfield)'s quote" We don't get no respect." Don't Get No Respect?!?!? Oh thats right you make millions of dollars because nobody respects you. Also, who cares if no one respects you, you do your best on the field and thats it. You play to win, not to get respect from the media, which despite what some say, is biased.

5.Bengals- can anyone say hometown bias? but when Chad puts the gold teeth in, It's On!

6.Giants- as long as Mr. Feely gets his act together and Jeremy Shockey and Michael Strahan learn when and when not to celebrate.

Archived