Chicago Plans to Bid For 2016 Olympics

MisterE

I, personally, want to see Toronto

With Vancouver getting the 2010 Winter games, Toronto getting the Summer Games in 2016 is practically lost.

But I'm still putting my money on SD-Tijuana, the idea of a Olympics in two countries at once is such a great idea I have to scratch my head over how it has never been done.

I totally agree, what better to represent the world than a dual-nation entry.

Philly would very interesting to see. They could pull it off, seeing as Live 8, Welcome America and another celebration all went on around 4th of July without any major issue. There are plenty of stadiums and arenas around (Linc, Citizens Bank Park, Wachovia Center, Spectrum, Liacouras Center, even the Meadowlands if needed) and they are adding on to the convention center. If the Linc isn't going to be used as the main stadium they have several areas in which to build one. They already have a marathon and major bike race in the city. The X games were there and were successful. Convient travel from NYC and DC as well as Philly airport is a major hub for US Airways. All that said, I doubt it would happen.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Dr. Kelso: My son is a big baseball fan. Not so much playing it, but more the designing and sewing of uniforms.

Tyler: That's neat.

Dr. Kelso: No, it's not.

Least likely location: Minneapolis/St.Paul. I could see Winter Games but Summer? :blink:

What, you think we live in igloos year-round?

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ BrandedBehance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

I, personally, want to see Toronto

With Vancouver getting the 2010 Winter games, Toronto getting the Summer Games in 2016 is practically lost.

But I'm still putting my money on SD-Tijuana, the idea of a Olympics in two countries at once is such a great idea I have to scratch my head over how it has never been done.

I totally agree, what better to represent the world than a dual-nation entry.

North America will have had to many olympic games in a 20 year span (1996-2016) With Atlanta in 96 Salt Lake City in 02 and Vancouver in 10. While South America has never even had a country host the olympic games. Brazil would be a great place to have them. Since Brazil is sometimes refered to the "Lungs of the world" that would be a theme to go on.

It would be a good site for the Winter Games despite the lack of mountains for skiing or snowboarding.

That's really smart! Just like my hometown would be good for the Summer Olympics despite the lack of running tracks, swimming pools, and an arena?

Yeah do that.  Do exactly THAT

I don't mean to offend Minny or anyone from Minny. I just think that Minneapolis would be a perfect spot for the Winter Olympics since after all they are the Hockey Capital of the US. It would be a good site for the Winter Games despite the lack of mountains for skiing or snowboarding.

So, we just scrub the skiing events (Nordic, alpine, biathlon, cross country) and snowboarding events just because Minnesotans love them some hockey?

:wacko: Dude, Miami has ice rinks where they play hockey. Doesn't mean it's a good place for Winter Olympics, which have several events requiring steep mountains and severe outdoor conditions.

"Start spreading the news... They're leavin' today... Won't get to be a part of it... In old New York..."

2007nleastchamps.png

In order for the Mets' run of 12 losses in 17 games to mean something, the Phillies still had to win 13 of 17.

Archived