Eagles wearing black alts

WJMorris3

Al is calling them dark green, Madden thought initially that they were black.

Madden: "Is it dark green or are the Eagles wearing black tonight?"

Al: "It's that dark, very dark shade of green you can't tell it's green."

This ought to tell the NFL to stop this alternate-uniform madness. I've never heard a commentator say such a thing, especially after the NFL spent so much $$$ on "uniform research" to make sure a uniform looks OK from the stands!!

I'm just waiting for a commentator to actually name a team wrongly in a game: "And the Falcons are stopped short of the goal line....wait, I meant the Jaguars....hold on a sec, it's the Bengals! Oh, my colleague has just informed me it's the Ravens who were stopped."

NorthernColFightingWhites4.GIF

"Brett Favre would look great in those black eagle uniforms" John Madden

:P

Did he really say that?? The four words that John Madden has run into the ground are: "Emmit" "Smith" "Brett" "Favre". I'm sick of him campaigning for that guy.

Wonder if he's talking about the same Farve who's thrown more INTs this season than any other QB. I'm sick of the sports media giving this guy slack: "Oh, he's just trying to make things happen" when they criticize others QBs for trying too hard to make things happen!! :mad:

NorthernColFightingWhites4.GIF

I don't really like their black alts, but they look much better with the green paints. With the white paints, its hard to tell the jerseys apart from their regulars, because the regulars are such a dark green. Even Madden and Michaels couldn't tell them apart. When they wear the green paints you can tell their wearing the black unis.

To borrow from Office Space;

Those aren't dark green, they're "Pound Me In the @$$" black. :shocked:

It would seem the Seahawks think that's the color too.

Seriously the Eagles should consider giving a refund to their fans who came out on a cold Monday Night. I mean really, they didn't look like they were trying on any level.

We all have our little faults. Mine's in California.

I agree on ALL counts here..I caught the anouncers insisting on the Eagles jerseys being a DARK GREEN...thats laughable there is no way any intelligent person couldnt realize those are BLACK. You are also current on the endzone looking horrible AND the seahawks sleeve logo needing to be larger.

Seriously the Eagles should consider giving a refund to their fans who came out on a cold Monday Night. I mean really, they didn't look like they were trying on any level.

I WANT MY $60 BACK!!!! Oh well, at least we didn;t have to pay the $3000 per seat seat license fee. Gotta love the cheap seats. RIP 700 Level

n193600158_30266861_5084.jpg

UserBar_CCSLC.jpg

Oh god, that endzone... Eagles green box on grass green. If you're going to paint the endzone, PAINT THE WHOLE DAMN THING!!!

Agreed. Just finish painting the rest of the endzone Green for crying out loud.

I don't know. I never smoked AstroTurf. ~Tug McGraw, when asked if he preferred grass or artificial turf.

Oh god, that endzone... Eagles green box on grass green. If you're going to paint the endzone, PAINT THE WHOLE DAMN THING!!!

They try to keep as little paint on it as possible. I'm not sure if the paint damages the grass (or the things weaved in with the grass) or if is just by choice.

In fairness, they had a real tough job with the change over from Army / Navy to Eagles, and it snowed Saturday evening / Sunday morning, so they never really had a fair chance to do a decent paint job.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Don't finish painting the end zones green, but take the time to put a black outline around the yard numbers? And outline the 20-yard lines and the 50-yard line in black?

48142444846_3aa6afbd89_m.jpgNCAA Baseball Champions | 2014, 2019 

facebook

I believe too that Al Michaels did note to Big John as they discussed the jerseys, "Well you know marketing today."

What I like is Al has always given little jabs to the NFL. He mentions over/unders and point spreads at times or like his under the breath marketing remark.

Instead we will get the ESPN Sunday night, all giggles crew soon. Darn it all.

"Try not to have a good time ... This is supposed to be educational."

- Charles Schulz

viks.jpg

Archived