Gary Barnett steps down at CU

Cujo

It's sad to see Barnett go at Colorado. I thought Gary was a pretty good fit for the team and I figured it was just a matter of time before the program got back to where they were in the early 90s, but that never did happen.

Good luck to Gary and it'll be interesting to see who the Buffs bring in as their new head coach. I would have liked to see Neuheisel come back if he hadn't screwed CU when he left for Washington. <_<

6uXNWAo.png

You know what's amusing? He can survive a scandal that involved sexual misconduct, but he can't survive getting raped by Vince Young and the Longhorns by 67.

Oh, and for the new Colorado coach: Mooch.

What Barnett said about that female kicker had little or nothing to do with him being forced out today or he would have been gone a long time ago.

It's more than obvious that winning is all that matters at CU.

6uXNWAo.png

What Barnett said about that female kicker had little or nothing to do with him being forced out today or he would have been gone a long time ago.

It's more than obvious that winning is all that matters at CU.

Which is precisely what magnifies the shame of CU's conduct.

Show no institutional control? Get recruits drunk and laid? Look the other way when a female kicker comes forward to report a rape, then badmouth her because she wasn't a D 1-A kicker?

"No biggie, Gary. We forgive you."

Crap the bed against a bad Nebraska team - at home - then get humiliated by Texas?

"Uh... that's enough."

The poor play does him in, while his behavior was swept under the rug despite the national furor it caused. This is a fresh black eye for CU, and just when the last one had healed.

"Start spreading the news... They're leavin' today... Won't get to be a part of it... In old New York..."

2007nleastchamps.png

In order for the Mets' run of 12 losses in 17 games to mean something, the Phillies still had to win 13 of 17.

I got the feeling after seeing Barnett's dixgruntled face every time the Longhorns got a touchdown (which seemed like every two seconds) that he may have had enough of coaching the Buffs. Good luck to him wherever he goes.

"Hawk Love", baby!

Colorado hired Boise State head coach Dan Hawkins to replace Gary Barnett today.

I gotta say this is a tremendous hire by CU. Hawkins has run a very good progran at BSU over the past five years and I got a feeling that he will probably set the CU program straight and get them back to winning on a consistant basis.

6uXNWAo.png

*Starts playing 'Taps' for Dan Hawkins' career now that he's at the NEW coaches' graveyard that is the Colorado Fluffaloes.*

Sorry, Mr. Hawkins. I wish for better things for him, but I can't since his coaching career is all but dead now.

*Starts playing 'Taps' for Dan Hawkins' career now that he's at the NEW coaches' graveyard that is the Colorado Fluffaloes.*

Sorry, Mr. Hawkins. I wish for better things for him, but I can't since his coaching career is all but dead now.

Going from Boise State to Colorado is a huge upgrade, so in no way is this career suicide. All Boise State was before Hawkins arrived was "the school with blue field". After his arrival, he instantly turned BSU into consistant winners. Hiring him definitely a step in the right direction for CU and a very good fit for Coach Hawkins.

6uXNWAo.png

I'll second that. If that's what's going to come out when you open mouth, don't open your mouth. What an imbecile.

Like my mom always said, "tongues don't have erasers."

2004 San Jose Sharks 7th Man Fan of the Year

San Jose Gold Miners - 4x Lombardi Cup Champions

"Hawk Love", baby!

Colorado hired Boise State head coach Dan Hawkins to replace Gary Barnett today.

I gotta say this is a tremendous hire by CU. Hawkins has run a very good progran at BSU over the past five years and I got a feeling that he will probably set the CU program straight and get them back to winning on a consistant basis.

HAWK LOVE BABY!

You catch the press conference? The tide is turning. Bohn and Hawkins are going to completely revitalize the program. Already they're pulling in huge donations that Barnett was never able to get.

Archived