Texans

brinkeguthrie

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Helmet logo could be a bit smaller.

As for the uniform. It is an instant classic. Solid, not trendy, quality design. As Venturi said, "less is more".

Wrong.

Mies van der Rohe is credited with that design philosophy. Venturi usually rebuffed it with "Less is a bore."

As for the uniform. It is an instant classic. Solid, not trendy, quality design. As Venturi said, "less is more".

Wrong.

Mies van der Rohe is credited with that design philosophy. Venturi usually rebuffed it with "Less is a bore."

Thanks for that, I stand corrected. To clarify, I'm in the "less is more" camp. Never liked that Venturi anyway :)

Wrong.

Thanks for that, I stand corrected. To clarify, I'm in the "less is more" camp. Never liked that Venturi anyway :)

Sounds like there may be another architecture major on the boards. Thats a good thing. And ya think like me too. Anyways back on topic, Texans are classic. Like a hooker that goes the extra mile.

Houston%20Texans%204.jpg

I don't think it's too big either. The logo always looked weird to me on the white prototype helmet because without the white outline it tooked oddly small. Texas A&M also uses a very large logo on their helmets.

76_Bob-McNair.GIF

And the rest of the uniforms, by the way, are perfect.

Houston%20Texans%204.jpg

I don't think it's too big either. The logo always looked weird to me on the white prototype helmet because without the white outline it tooked oddly small. Texas A&M also uses a very large logo on their helmets.

76_Bob-McNair.GIF

And the rest of the uniforms, by the way, are perfect.

likely to be the sole photo you will ever see of Carr standing still, and not running for his life. :D

likely to be the sole photo you will ever see of Carr standing still, and not running for his life. :D

How many pictures are there of Alex Smith throwing a touchdown pass....oh, that's right, he hasn't. :D

Just kidding....see you at the Bush Bowl on January 1.

I like the logo, but hate the uniforms -- way too boring. I'm a tradionalist at heart, and my favorite uniforms in the league are among the NFC -- Packers, 49ers, and old Cardinals. I'd like the Texans uniforms a lot more if they have block style numbers and wore blue at home. Note to the Texans: you are not the Cowboys. You have to earn the right to wear white at home.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

I like the logo, but hate the uniforms -- way too boring...my favorite uniforms in the league are among the NFC... old Cardinals.

Is anyone else baffled by this comment?

How can you dislike Houston's unis as too boring, then site the plainest uniforms in the past 20 years of NFL as being one of your favorites?

And in my opinion, the Texans have perfect uniforms. The numbers are contemporary yet conservative, the balanced use of blue and red is perfect, and beautiful helmets with a clean, iconic logo that just makes sense... I can't imagine them being done any better. Best uniforms in the league, IMO.

The only nitpick I have with the Texans' uniforms is that the stripes on the blue pants should be white-red-white. The red gets lost in the blue the way the pants are presently designed. Other than that, I find these uniforms to be simple yet elegant. As for the helmet logo, I think it's precisely the right size. Seems to me in recent years a number of NFL helmet logos have shrunk a bit. I was at the Rams-Eagles game on Sunday and sat right next to the tunnel to the Eagles' locker room and I got an up close view of their helmets. I was really surprised to see how much smaller their decals appear to be now than when they were using the old wings from the late 70's through the mid 90's.

I like the logo, but hate the uniforms -- way too boring.  I'm a tradionalist at heart, and my favorite uniforms in the league are among the NFC -- Packers, 49ers, and old Cardinals.  I'd like the Texans uniforms a lot more if they have block style numbers and wore blue at home.  Note to the Texans: you are not the Cowboys.  You have to earn the right to wear white at home.

didn't the texans beat the cowboys in their first ever regular season game? if i'm not mistaken, that means the cowboys have never, ever beaten the houston texans.

once again, the texans have great uniforms, perfect imo. the only thing that could make them better was if they wore red as their primary home uniform. even if they keept the reds as an alt, they still have among the nfl's top three uniforms.

The only nitpick I have with the Texans' uniforms is that the stripes on the blue pants should be white-red-white. The red gets lost in the blue the way the pants are presently designed.

I actually like the way the stripes are. With the exception of the logo, the color ordinance is more about subtlety than high contrast. I think the blue is dark enough to make the red pop enough to be seen, but not be busy. I think it's a little more refined that way.

The only nitpick I have with the Texans' uniforms is that the stripes on the blue pants should be white-red-white. The red gets lost in the blue the way the pants are presently designed.

I agree, and I have the same problem with the Patriots uniforms they went to in 2000. The red can barely be seen at all, not like their 93-99 unis.

NorthernColFightingWhites4.GIF

Archived