Toledo uniforms a mess

paynomind

gameover.jpg

01-lg.jpg

Noticing in the bowl game last night how miserable their uniforms are.

It is quite a shame, as their rocket logo is very, very sweet.

So many things wrong with their unis:

First, get rid of the name on your helmet. Reading helmets is ridiculous, especially when you have a cool logo like they do.

Navy shoulders on a 'white' jersey is a terrible trend I wish would go away soon. Plus, when you add orange-slice stripes over the shoulders, you really need to get rid of the apron-neck stripes, too.

Can you please get the name plates right? Look at 76 in the picture above (far left) his notches down too far, and looks sloppy. Several players looked liek that on tv last night. Terrible.

I think what they need to solidify this uni are more, bigger, and increasingly detailed patches across the front. Can we fit 7?

The pants stripe is far thicker than the under-arm jersey stripe. That looks goofy.

The yellow not-only-out-line, but drop-shadow makes the numbers look like they are stuck on with mustard. Or glowing like Tron. (for youngins:Tron)

Overall, this is the uniform abusing a cool logo the most in football.

Horrible.

NCFA Sunset Beach Tech - Octopi

ΓΔΒ!

Going to college gets you closer to the real world, kind of like climbing a tree gets you closer to the moon.

"...a nice illustration of what you get when skill, talent, and precedent are deducted from 'creativity.' " - James Howard Kunstler

gameover.jpg

01-lg.jpg

Noticing in the bowl game last night how miserable their uniforms are.

It is quite a shame, as their rocket logo is very, very sweet.

So many things wrong with their unis:

First, get rid of the name on your helmet. Reading helmets is ridiculous, especially when you have a cool logo like they do.

Navy shoulders on a 'white' jersey is a terrible trend I wish would go away soon. Plus, when you add orange-slice stripes over the shoulders, you really need to get rid of the apron-neck stripes, too.

Can you please get the name plates right? Look at 76 in the picture above (far left) his notches down too far, and looks sloppy. Several players looked liek that on tv last night. Terrible.

I think what they need to solidify this uni are more, bigger, and increasingly detailed patches across the front. Can we fit 7?

The pants stripe is far thicker than the under-arm jersey stripe. That looks goofy.

The yellow not-only-out-line, but drop-shadow makes the numbers look like they are stuck on with mustard. Or glowing like Tron. (for youngins:Tron)

Overall, this is the uniform abusing a cool logo the most in football.

Horrible.

I take it you didn't see the uniforms that didn't have nameplates on the back then? There were a few among the special teams players, and it really looked out of place. If you're going to be ugly, at least be consistent in your ugliness.

QPR%20Sig.png

Well, of course they look stupid. Basically ever redesign since 2000 does. I can think of a handful of new college uniforms that don't look absurd: UConn, Syracuse, Clemson, and some more of BCS schools.

I actually think that every major football redesign in the past five years has been done with one question in mind: How can we make these players look like superheros? See: Toledo, Oregon, Oregon State, West Virginia, etc.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

Yah, the Toledo unis are pretty nasty....

The blue ones aren't that much better, IMO...saw those in the Motor City Bowl last year...they went monochrome blue (no stripe on the side of the jersey or the pants...still had the gold "orange slices" & "apron strings"...numbers in white with the gold outline and drop shadow).

At least the team they got thumped by last year in Motown (UConn) was dressed well B):lol:

FANTASY TEAMS

Housatonic U. Dragons (NCFA Basketball): 16-6 (8-4 Conf.)--National Runner-Up

Jersey State U. (NCFA Football): Inaugural Year - 2006

Motor City Silverhawks (WArFL): 9-4 (3rd--National Conf.)

Lehigh Valley Ironmen (WAmFL): Inaugural Season--2006

New England Marauders RFC (RLI): 6-0-7 (6th place)

Detroit Spirit (AA): 3-6 (T-4th--Patriot League)

Brooklyn Atlantics (IBF): 10-5 (1st--Appalachian Conf.)

Boston Mariners RFU (WRU): Coming Soon!

New York Americans (SHL): Inaugural Season - 2006-07

I actually like the way these unis look. My main complaint though is that the numbers on the back should be closer to the blue part of the uniform. The other thing to remember with Toledo is that they don't get new uni's every year like the big boys, so changes have been made and corrected on the jerseys which causes things like 76's nameplate to be low. As for the folks without a nameplate, no clue as to why that happened.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

They look fine to me, aside from the nameplates I don't see what is so bad about them. I like the look.

To each his own.

I think that a white jersey set (aways, in most cases) should be team color pants, white jersey with team color numbers, with a logo patch on the sleeve, and maybe a touch of secondary color.

This navy shoulders, randomly applied strips like a picasso painting gives me a headache.

ΓΔΒ!

Going to college gets you closer to the real world, kind of like climbing a tree gets you closer to the moon.

"...a nice illustration of what you get when skill, talent, and precedent are deducted from 'creativity.' " - James Howard Kunstler

Are these unnecessarily busy and trendy? Yes.

Do I like them? Um, yes.

Geez, I confuse myself sometimes.

Needs gold sleeve numbers with white drop shadows, though.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

Are these unnecessarily busy and trendy? Yes.

Do I like them? Um, yes.

Geez, I confuse myself sometimes.

Needs gold sleeve numbers with white drop shadows, though.

yeah, thats *exactly* what it needs.. more color blotches all over it.

ΓΔΒ!

Greetings...I have been reading this all year and admittedly, chose a strange thread to respond to. However, the Univeristy of Toldeo unis are simple, relatively traditional and the actual logo is great. What is the problem? Further, at least it doesn't look like EVERY single Nike uniform template out there as well...

...and go PISTONS!

Archived