T-Wolves Old Logo Stolen

MisterE

I notice the similarities, but I don't know enough to say it was stolen. All I know is I love that old T'Wolves logo and I wish they still used it because it could have grown to be timeless. The current logo and word font is ok but it looks so dated from the '90s.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Dr. Kelso: My son is a big baseball fan. Not so much playing it, but more the designing and sewing of uniforms.

Tyler: That's neat.

Dr. Kelso: No, it's not.

They could have at least used different colors. The only differences are slight ones in the dog/wolf, the background color in the circle and the absence of the basketball.

logo2.jpgMIN_5764.gif

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

Originator of the Upside Down Sarcasm Smilie -- November 1, 2005  🙃

The North Iowa Huskies were a team in the USHL (juniors) that became the Cedar Rapids Rough Riders in 1999. The Huskies played in Mason City, Iowa which is not too far from the Iowa/Minn. border and they probably played on that closeness to the twin cities.

fade.gif

A similar layout doesn't mean it's a ripoff. They style of these three logos are quite different. The Mavericks horse is more abstract, and its lines echo the circle shape. The Timerwolves logo is the most true to form logo, and it has a cleaner, more minimalist style to it than the Huskies logo, which is really pretty terrible.

I find it very hard to believe that the same person did those two logos. It's akin to comparing a Raphael painting to a kindergartener's crayon picture. They're not very similarly done, and definitely not of equal quality or execution.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

They could have at least used different colors.  The only differences are slight ones in the dog/wolf, the background color in the circle and the absence of the basketball.

logo2.jpgMIN_5764.gif

Actually I think the North Iowa Huskies logo was created before the Timberwolves logo.

Strike that, reverse it.

th-21729_0002.jpg

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

Originator of the Upside Down Sarcasm Smilie -- November 1, 2005  🙃

It's very common to see professional Minnesota teams' logos, especially the Vikings, used by other teams in the Upper Midwest.

It's also extremely common to see the University of Minnesota M used by Minnesota high schools that begin with the letter M. In fact, it's so common it's almost boring. These schools need to be more creative in their logos.

Two of you in this thread are correct.

The same person made both the Huskies and the Timberwolves, having actually done the Huskies first.

Perhaps this shows the need to check into things a bit more before jumping to incorrect conclusions...

The Timberwolves logo was not "stolen", but it was an "evolution" of the Huskies done by the same artist.

JeffB

HansonsSig.jpg

Click here to read Third String Goalie - The Hockey Jersey of the Day Blog

Click here to see my hockey and baseball jersey collection online

?You don?t like to see 20 kids punching 20 other kids. But it?s not a disgrace, It?s hockey.? - Michael Farber

I kid you not but for the first two months of the 01-02 season, when the Mavs introduced the current logo, I couldn't tell what the heck it was. On the television screen, especially back then with cheap TBS graphics, you couldn't make out half the newer, more complex logos. This was back when TBS and TNT were the sole TV home of NBA games on weekdays while NBC broadcasted on the weekends.

Archived