Official NFL "Youre' Fired!" Thread

nsentv

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Fox Sports:

ALERT Vikings fire Tice after victory over Bears

The Vikings fired coach Mike Tice after Sunday's victory over Chicago. The team announced that owner Zygi Wilf would not renew Tice's contract less than an hour after the Vikings' 34-10 win over the Bears in the regular season finale.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Vikings fire Tice after season-ending win

NFL.com wire reports

MINNEAPOLIS (Jan. 1, 2006) -- The Minnesota Vikings fired coach Mike Tice after a season-ending victory over Chicago on Jan. 1.

The team announced that owner Zygi Wilf would not renew Tice's contract less than an hour after the Vikings' 34-10 win over the Bears in the regular season finale. Tice, who finished his fourth full season with a 32-32 record, had already addressed the media before the move was made public.

His tenure was mostly marked by streaks and scandals, with a $100,000 fine levied last summer against him by the league for scalping his Super Bowl tickets and a wild boat party during the team's bye week this season that produced misdemeanor charges for four players.

After starting 2-5, the Vikings won six straight before losing two in a row to fall out of contention for the playoffs.

STOP THE MADNESS! IT'S NOT EVEN BLACK MONDAY YET!!!

PACKERS MAKING A MOVE: Despite all the reports that the Green Bay Packers will retain head coach Mike Sherman, FOXSports.com believes that Sherman will be fired within the next 24 to 48 hours. If they decide, in fact, to make a move then the team would look for a coach with strong quarterback coaching skills or a fiery guy who brings the opposite approach of Sherman.

If they decide, in fact, to make a move then the team would look for a coach with strong quarterback coaching skills or a fiery guy who brings the opposite approach of Sherman.

Actually, I think they would just promote Jim Bates, the DC. Especially if they want Brett to return next season. He said he doesn't want to learn from a whole new coach.

SHOCKING NEWS!!!!!!!!!!

ummm, maybe not. This is good, a fresh start in the coaching department will really help this stagnent team next year.

Rumors have Jimmy Johnson/Norv Turner and LB coach Mike Singletary coming. This may be a wet dream, but that would be kind of awesome.

twitter_zps93c9c8f9.png @josh_j12 smbelt_zps438edf04.png

CFA- Fargo Bobcats

If they decide, in fact, to make a move then the team would look for a coach with strong quarterback coaching skills or a fiery guy who brings the opposite approach of Sherman.

Actually, I think they would just promote Jim Bates, the DC. Especially if they want Brett to return next season. He said he doesn't want to learn from a whole new coach.

I dont think Favre's coming back from the way he was talkin this week,just seemed to me like a guy who knew his era was coming to an end today.

That being said,as a Packer fan I hope he does come back,because the man can still get it done.

I see em going after someone like Mooch or Sean Payton,because there gonna go after a offensive coach to help Aaron Rodgers development

Kings Cross AFC -BIP, Winnipeg Falcons - TNFF, St. Louis Archers - MLF

No suprise. He'll get a decent job as a HC or O-Coordinator next year.

On another note, I hope the Rams keep Joe Vitt around, just for sheer entertainment. He's the angriest, most rage-filled interviewee I've ever seen.

Okay, they fact that Tice was fired isn't shocking, but the way it was done is pretty classless. I was actually in the Vikings lockerroom when the media relations guys just started passing out press releases to the remaining media (there were only one or two players left by that time) about Tice not being retained. I know that Tice said he wanted it taken care of sooner rather than later, but more than half the team found out about this in their cars on the radio, or on their cell phones... Zigi Wilf should have had the decency to tell the players face to face tomorrow when the guys were back at Winter Park cleaning out their lockers... Just my 2 cents.

Moose

Finally !!! Never liked, or respected him as a coach, it's always sad to see people get fired, and we really shouldn't wish upon it, but the Vikings are much better off with someone new and fresh giving this team a new philosphy possibly.

...A career record of regression and one that shattered the once-sacred homefield advantage of Lambeau.

The man will find a job...just not as a pro head coach. And fortunately for the Packers, Mariucci is on the market...at least before the Saints get him.

I don't think Mooch is the guy. He's too laid back, like Sherman. I'm really not sure who they'll get, but I do think they'll go after someone with a bit more energy and discipline.

shysters_sm.jpg

"One of my concerns is shysters show up and take advantage of people's good will and generosity".

Archived