NFL Summer League

Discrim

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

the one you've all been waiting for...the autumn wind is a _____

if you said "Raider" you win...pride. if you said "anything else" you win shame :P

RaidersSummer.png

the point of the actual shield was actually too deep for me to use its exact outline on the torso, so I had to improvise. I wasn't gonna outline the numbers, but I had to outline the name for legibility so the numbers get outline too. the yoke stripe's actually a bit thicker than I intended, but I figure you do see where I was going for the sleeves.

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

Wildly outside the box thinking. Totally awesome. Can't say enough good things.

Top designs IMHO,

1. Chargers - killer (only need a hir more powder blue (he he he)

2. Steelers - totally sic man, and I'm not even a Steelers fan

3. Bucs are cool too - wish the piratey ship could have floated on the waves - and I am a Bucs fan so this is sweet

Not so cool (but still way outside the box and worth a thumbs up):

1. Lions (or as I like to call them these days, the "lilacs" because they wilt)

2. Jags (man, you messin with my team here - I think a sort of leopard print jersey in black/gold with white numbers would have been cool-er

But again, just my 2 cents.

And the constructive criticism is that you are way awesome as a designer. More original than Baja Blast Mountain Dew, brother. Oooooooh yeeeeeaaaaaaaah! To be the man, you gotta beat the man. Whooooooo. Can ya smell what the Discrimihater is cookin??????

spacer.png  5-time Defending NL East Champions spacer.png 

droppin some more on ya...first, the Titans

TitansSummer.png

I couldn't think of anything else that would look decent, though I may wait til the sequel.

then, the Colts

ColtsSummer.png

the brick motif is inspired by the ole Brickyard itself, the one and only Indianapolis Motor Speedway. I went back to blue facemasks and added a second stripe.

next up, the Bengals

BengalsSummer.png

basically, this was the best I could come up with...I decided to change the helmet to the tiger head and a stripe

and lastly, the Rams

RamsSummer.png

I got much love for their 50s jersey, so I decided to take it and modify it somewhat. as you can see, I used the ram head as a helmet logo

2016cubscreamsig.png

The Colts one is well done, but I can't quite imagine it on a football field. Still good though.

And on the Bengals one, I would say that maybe those stripes should continue all the way to form a point. It looks a little funny how they just abrubly stop. Maybe you were going for that though, I dont know.

Those would be my only small critiques. Otherwise, great as always.

brianurlacher.png

as the old saying goes, all good things must come to an end, and alas, we've reached that point: the Summer League bids adieu, so without further adu, here are the final three uniforms!

Dolphins

DolphinsSummer.png

I'd decided on a hockey-like jersey, though I'd had trouble figuring out what exactly it'd look like til I got to work.

Panthers

PanthersSummer.png

the quartered jersey idea is taken from the other futbol, though I forget which club currently wears quarters (I know ManUre wore the style in their original incarnation of Newton Heath, and also wore it as an away shirt sometime in the mid 90s). However, I honestly don't know where I got the idea for the helmet/sleeve/pants stripes.

font: NFL Oilers Vintage

and last but not least...the Seahawks

SeahawksSummer.png

I know one thing, this was the gimme. I'd done the straight-up update of the Largent era jersey in the Rewind project, so I decided to do something a little different this time around. this is the only jersey in the whole project where I alter the usual name/number arrangement, but I think this is the only one where it would work. as for the helmet, program limitations prevented me from placing the logo as it's supposed to appear, so just pretend you see the regular helmet ^_^

font: NFL Patriots Vintage

to everybody who took a peek, thank you for checkin me out, there's more where that came from!

to everybody who posted a comment, thank you. We now return you to your regularly scheduled programming :hockeysmiley:

as you've all seen, this started as a one-man project, but I can't claim this victory alone, for without a certain Aussie, this project wouldn't have been half as good as it ended up. mero, I wholeheartedly thank you for all you've done for our project :notworthy:

...and so it ends.

2016cubscreamsig.png

That 'hawks jersey is totally sic! Of fthe chain! And the lime green actually looks good the way it is arranged. I love the number font too! Pants striping is way cool and you definitely saved the best for last. (OK enough cliche's).

spacer.png  5-time Defending NL East Champions spacer.png 

I so want to use the puke smiley here for the Seahawks concept.

But, since I cannot, I'll have to enstate the new part of my signature:

If your Seattle Seahawks concept has Lime Green in it, I'm-a kicking you in the nards!

Sorry, Discrim. Nothing against your work, but I'm getting tired of the Lime Green crap, that's all.

Archived