NFL Summer League

Discrim

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I love all these concepts. I always thought it would be coome to have some kinda football in the summer. I had an idea of maybe taking the best players from each division and then have like 8 divisional teams. How bout the Buc's are they commin up soon?

the Bucs? it'll be a while. basically, I'll get to em when I get to em-I'm on the hunt for a little-known Chargers logo at the moment, and the idea I got for the Bucs isn't 100% set in stone yet. only thing I'm sure of is it'll involve the ship.

uniguy: i'd actually thought of doing that, but went with the 94 Pats font instead.

capn: thank you, thank you *bows*

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

now entering the room...the Chargers concept to end all Chargers concepts :P

ChargersSummer.png

the logo is a modification of the Bolts' horse-shield logos of the past and present day (though the modern version is somehwat hard to find at a decent size). the version of the lightning bolt on said logo is from one version I found at Logoserver (though the size is nothin to write home about, so I improvised on the horse...a similar horse/shield appears on one version of the Chargers' 35th anniversary shield). the number shield on the back is borrowed from Aussie rules, and the big lightning on most of the jersey is borrowed from the shirts worn by most Charger coaches in the 94 season, and I'd used it before on a footy crossover.

the left sleeve stripe is modified from the straight-down bolt that was used in one endzone that one time the Bolts had to move a home game to Arizona (if yall recall, this was when they wore all navy.) and to round things out, the font is Demonized. If you're wondering, I didn't think the Wild font was gonna work here. It wouldn't work for the Lightning either, to be honest.

2016cubscreamsig.png

If/when you do the Steelers, would you consider maybe referencing these awesome old Steelers unis? Minus the gold helmet, that is.

I'm a) a huge Steeler fan, b a fan of your mind-bending, forward-thinking concepts and c) an admitted lurker on this board. That said, I've seen a lot of concepts on here and yours are consistently among the better-designed (if not neccessarily practical in the consumer-driven, TV-oriented NFL).

Cheers!

Pittsburgh62.gif

Pittsburgh67.gif

hey, thanks. the one with the yoke, I'd actually taken a stab at in an older Steelers set (included it as a throwback alt to counter the main set, which was a somewhat radical departure from the usual Steelers), and I was thinking of sort of combining elements of these two.

2016cubscreamsig.png

hey, thanks. the one with the yoke, I'd actually taken a stab at in an older Steelers set (included it as a throwback alt to counter the main set, which was a somewhat radical departure from the usual Steelers), and I was thinking of sort of combining elements of these two.

Not a problem. I'm looking forward to what you come up with!

These concepts are really great, however, even though many others have liked it IHave to voice my displeasure with the Bears one.

Its basically their current one but with the V thing. I dont like the V too much but if you do use it, why not start with a whole new style. As long as they were ever used in a regula season game, I don't think the tradition would matter to any Bear fans.

What if you did something inspired by their old 1920s jerseys 20.jpg

Then along with that, putting the GSH as the main script across the front. That would be pretty cool to put that as the main part. I really like this contest, but just wanted to give my two cents on my favorite teams jersey concept.

brianurlacher.png

one, I was too lazy to put the actual logo on...two, I wanted to test out that particular logo...anyway, I finally settled on something for the Bills I was happy with, so here that goes:

BillsSummer.png

I'd already done the "horn-stripe" on the shoulders in the past, but then I'd also used this style of striping on past concepts. Adding to that is a Bills set I plan on bustin out after the Summer League's done, and there wasn't much to work with from my vantage point. now to the XXX, the guuuud stuff

Ravens:

RavensSummer.png

the Maryland flag was the inspiration...the checker-like pattern is used on the torso, and the cross part's the sleeve design. I actually used the original 1996 font this time out. the pants stripe is the flag patterns alternating, with the B on top and the forward-facing raven head at the bottom.

Steelers:

SteelersSummer.png

the same font I used for teh Packers jersey, I used for the Steelers (actually, said font is the Steelers' wordmark font, not the Pack's). As I said I was thinkin about doing, I combined the triangular yoke from the mid 60s Steelers jerseys and the different-colored sleeves from the earlier road jersey. I needed an accent color, so I chose gray. Looking at it, red/blue trim would have worked just as well...heck, if I hadn't put the Bills in the same league I would have gone red. No joke, I definitely would've. Heck, I already drew out plans for Summer League 2007 B)

2016cubscreamsig.png

I really like all of these concepts, especially the Chiefs, Dallas, Phily, and the Saints. The ones that I'm ok with are Green Bay and Cleveland. The only one that I would change is the Giants' one. I don't like the small "NY" logos just below the yoke. Also the Chargers' one is SICK! Awesome job. Mahalo.

dodgers-1.png

Archived