Nhl throwbacks

Richterscale

I think that the Stars should wear the Minnesota Northstars jersey against the Wild. The Kings should wear the purple and gold throwbacks.

The Kings have worn the purple and gold throwbacks - I believe it was 99 or 2000 when they did this against the Blues on Thanksgiving night.  

As for the Northstars idea, I just think it's too soon.  The Wild are still trying to establish themselves as Minnesota's team and especially in light of their recent playoff run, I think it would be step backward to have the Stars come in wearing the N, especially since it's only been 10 years since the relocation.  I know some baseball teams have worn throwbacks when visiting cities from which they moved (like the O's did this year in St. Louis) but in that case it had been 50 years since the Browns left and even when they did leave the community still had one mlb team left.  With Minnesota, the handwriting was on the wall that the new owner wanted to move the team, interest waned and the team also fell apart in the last week of the season and missed the playoffs by 1 or 2 points, I believe.  The end result was that Minnesota was left without NHL hockey for 7 years. It was not a pretty end to the Northstars, so I think bringing them "back" for a night isn't in anyone's interest.

The Wild shouldn't wear North Stars Jerseys for the simple fact that the franchise is a different one from the old North Stars team. Now, if Dallas wore the old North Stars uniforms during a visit to Minnesota, that would be a game to watch, but to me, The Wild wearing north Stars jerseys is like the Avalanche wearing old Rockies uniforms...no the same team.

I'm ready and waiting for the Montreal Edmonton game, even dug out my old wool Canadiens throwback with the tie-collar.

Go Habs!

...Now, if Dallas wore the old North Stars uniforms during a visit to Minnesota, that would be a game to watch...

That's what we're talking about.

The stars coming back to St. Paul wearing the North Stars uni would go over like a fart in church. I know that the fans in Minny are still pretty resentful of how that whole situation shook down, and I think they'd be fairly pissed with Dallas if they rolled in like that.

Yeah, perfect example.

Having Colorado come back to Quebec City wearing Nords jerseys last preseason was a smart move, but doing it in a city where there's that much hatred for the franchise? Nah.

Like if the Coyotes did a game in Winnipeg wearing their 1990s jerseys...

Super Wario Comix!

Iron Crossover IX Contender (Tied for 6th)

Iron Crossover Halloween Contender (Tied for Bronze)

vanhalengo.png

Yeah, perfect example.

Having Colorado come back to Quebec City wearing Nords jerseys last preseason was a smart move, but doing it in a city where there's that much hatred for the franchise? Nah.

The backlash would be so great, they wouldn't have to pay anyone to demolish the old arena!

Add to the fact that with the departure of Teppo Numminen, no ex-Jet is now a Coyote, unlike Colorado, who still has a few ex-Nordiques.

WINnipegSigBanner.gif

I know the Devils will wear the red & Green - Merry X-mas.

They should wear the Colorado Rockies (early 1980s) and the Kansas City Scouts on another date.   But that not Lou's style - I am just hoping.

By the way I attended the Blue/Blackhawks preseason game last Saturday here in KC - the fan shops were selling Retro Jerseys (replicas) of the Scouts for $100 - seems a bit high.

Is that a good price for a replica (retro jersey)???? ???

Kansas-BB-banner.png My-son-Soldier-banner.png

Kansas City Scouts (CHL) Orr Cup Champions 2010, 2019, 2021         St. Joseph Pony Express (ULL)  2023 Champions     Kansas City Cattle (CL)

The "retro" jerseys are ridiculously high-priced, it seems.  I haven't yet figured out why, except for it being the "trend."  (Bah.)

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ BrandedBehance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

Yeah, perfect example.

The thing was that when the Avalanche returned to Quebec City for the preseason game versus the Montreal Canadiens only three players donned the throwback jerseys.  Sakic, Forsberg and Foote wore them because they were the only players who played for the Nordiques and were still members of the Avalanche.  To boot, they only wore them during warm-up and for the National Anthem.

• LMU locked this topic

Archived