Mike Mularkey TO RESIGN

KevinMcD

I knew he wasn't going to be a good coach.

I remember when he was in the running to fill the Bengals' head coaching vacancy, I was just not a fan of him. Apparently Cincy made the right decision.

And a question...

Was Gregg Williams their previous head coach?

Yeh, Greg Williams was their coach before, starting in 2001 I think and then Mularky took over in 2004. I was never a fan of Mularky and I'm glad he's gone.

A dream come true for most Bills fans like myself. He was completely inept at playcalling, and has horribly mismanaged the deveopment of J.P Losman.

However, I don't think the Bills should throw Levy back onto the sidelines unless they absolutely can't find any current HC prospects.

I think Haslett may be a candidate, along with Ted Cotrell. They have also been rumoured be interested in Rams asst. Steve Fairchild.

Wow what a joke, the Bills are certainley a mess.

how are they a mess?

if anything, they're cleaning up the mess that Donahoe created. They have a genious at GM, and it's now in his hands to hire the personel that this team has lacked since the last '90: that being, smart people.

After just 2 years they are scraping their rebuilding efforts and starting from scratch thats not too good.

Yep, it worked beautifullly for your 'Fins (if they had just had a decent starting QB they'd have probably made the playoffs). Might as well just blow stuff up and bring in a guy that knows what the hell he's doing. However, Jim Haslett ain't that dude.

On January 16, 2013 at 3:49 PM, NJTank said:

Btw this is old hat for Notre Dame. Knits Rockne made up George Tip's death bed speech.

Tank, I couldn't disagree with you more. This time last year the Bills came oh so close to the playoffs.

I don't think this team is a mess at all. They had a disaster of a season, but they still have great talent on defence and special teams. The offence needs to get their act together but they were victims of bad coaching and bad playcalling.

I think people should watch out for the Bills, ESPECIALLY if they land Haslett. He seems to be a perfct fit for them, in my opinion.

ccslcbanner_zps5eda8538.jpg

It will be Haslett if they are lucky..one of Levy's favorite players..

Mularky was having a hard time putting together a staff because they fired all his assistants..

The Bills have a real chance to come back next year...but this talk of Marv coaching is hilarious...He is 80 years old! Only Ralph Wilson thinks that is young..

I mean come on, the same people were screaming that Paterno is too old

The need to transition the organization and they need someone who has a good chance of being around for more than a few years

I wouldn't be surprised if the (ahem) resignation (cough) of Mularkey wasn't influenced by Haslett's immediate availability status. He just finished interviewing with the Lions and Jets, and if Marv and the Bills want him (and I think they do) they need to move quickly in case he is offered one of those two spots.

I wish Haslett all the best, but I will always remember how he wouldn't sit Aaron Brooks down when he was hurt at the end of the season in 2002 in favor of Jake Delhomme. Brooks was severely limited and the oppostion knew it, and due to an ineffective offense we lost the last 4 games. Winning just one of those games would have put the Saints in the playoffs. Of course, the next year Delhomme goes to the Panthers and leads them to the Super Bowl....

It is what it is.

Archived