NHL on NBC

jkrdevil

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Here's the NBC schedule if you were curious.

http://www.nhl.com/schedules/nbc_sked.html

Anyone know why they have no games throughout March??

The deal calls for NBC to broad cast 6 weeks of the regular season. NBC is broadcasting the 4 weeks up till the olympics as sort of an olympic preview and they are broadcasting the final 2 weeks of the season. Thus march get cut out. Hopefully if things go well they can ad more games in the future.

My only fear is that because it's network TV, it's essentially going to be "Your New York Rangers Game of the Week!" alternating with "Your Detroit Red Wings Game of the Week!"

No surprize they managed to get both of them at the same time for opening day and I get the Red Wings again next week... :mad:

Well NBC has to get as many viewers as possible and the Rangers and Red Wings are two teams that the average sports fan can recognise easily. Perhaps, if hockey starts to get the attention of the average sports viewer in a few years, you may see lesser known teams in the network broadcast schedule.

I saw, I came, I left.

The deal calls for NBC to broad cast 6 weeks of the regular season. NBC is broadcasting the 4 weeks up till the olympics as sort of an olympic preview and they are broadcasting the final 2 weeks of the season. Thus march get cut out. Hopefully if things go well they can ad more games in the future.

It's good that NBC's covering the last 2 weekends of the season. However, the Olympics only run from the middle to the end of February. So why no games in March? Is NBC covering the NCAA Tourney or something?

Wagner Athletic Group

11-2 Saskatoon Steeds (WAFL)-NFL-2014 Western Conference Champions / 8-5 Calgary Pronghorns (TNFF)-CFL-2014 Confederation Cup XI Champions

14-6-2 Saskatoon Yellowheads (XHL)-NHL-1st, Gretzky Conference / 5-4-0 Saskatoon Czars (MLH)-AHL-T2nd, Calder Conference

7-1-6 VfL Dortmund (Weltliga)-Bundesliga-3rd, League / 5-1-5 West End AFC (WFL)-EPL-T5th, League

14-7 Saskatoon Sheiks (AA)-MLB-2014 Founder's Cup Champions

It's good that NBC's covering the last 2 weekends of the season. However, the Olympics only run from the middle to the end of February. So why no games in March? Is NBC covering the NCAA Tourney or something?

No. But they probably don't want to go up against it.

How come not 1 Devils game give me a break they won 3 Cups for crying out loud.

Simple.

Devils hockey = zzzzzzzzzzzzz.

Same reason they should never carry a Minnesota Wild game.

Wagner Athletic Group

11-2 Saskatoon Steeds (WAFL)-NFL-2014 Western Conference Champions / 8-5 Calgary Pronghorns (TNFF)-CFL-2014 Confederation Cup XI Champions

14-6-2 Saskatoon Yellowheads (XHL)-NHL-1st, Gretzky Conference / 5-4-0 Saskatoon Czars (MLH)-AHL-T2nd, Calder Conference

7-1-6 VfL Dortmund (Weltliga)-Bundesliga-3rd, League / 5-1-5 West End AFC (WFL)-EPL-T5th, League

14-7 Saskatoon Sheiks (AA)-MLB-2014 Founder's Cup Champions

How come not 1 Devils game give me a break they won 3 Cups for crying out loud.

The Oilers have 5 Cups and they're not on NBC or OLN. That's just how it goes I guess. <_<

That and Edmonton doesn't factor into U.S ratings. That's why Canadian teams make rare appearances on US television. It is also the same reason why HNIC tries to get all Canadian match-ups as much as they can.

As far as the Devils I can understand why they are not on. The Rangers are the Manahattan team and thus they are going to be the ones that get on TV. IT had nothing to do with they style f play. If the Rangers played the same way as the Devils have over the last decade and won 3 cups they would be the toast of the NHL. It all has to do with the words New York in front of their name.

Although this year the Devils have sucked (outside the last 2 weeks).

Archived