NHL on NBC

jkrdevil

I have to say I'm pumped for the NHL debut on NBC tomorrow. The studio is going to be set up at the outdoor rink at Rockefeller center. Also the broadcast is going to geared toward the hardcore hockey fan. The games are at 2 which mean they should be over just in time for the NFL playoffs which start at 4:30. I personally think this is a great partnership for the league. NBC Sports does a great job at covering the games. Mike Emrick talked about the coverage in his weekly audio cast on NHL.com.

NHL on NBC (Audio)

Can't wait to see what it is like. Can't be worse than ABC.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Amazing as it is, today's games are the first games NBC has aired from the four major sports since June 12, 2002 (Game 4 of the 2002 NBA Finals). From June 12, 2002 to January 12, 2006, NBC didn't air any games from the NBA, NFL, MLB or NHL. Incredible, considering what a sports department NBC used to have. (Yes, I know NBC still had NASCAR, Golf, tennis and the Olympics)

Good News: It debuts today (Of course that's been mentioned here, duh.)

Bad News: The game I get is the two teams I truely dispise: The Strangers and the Dead Things. YECH!! Give me Wisconsin-Milwaukee vs. Wisconsin-Green Bay any day of the week instead of those two teams.

Hockey Day For Me Today :D

10AM-Sabres Gameday Skate

2pm-DET-NYR

7pm-BUF-LA

10pm-OTT-EDM

Sounds like a jam packed day of hockey, but as huge a hockey fan that I am, I'm gonna be watching the more football today (two divisional games), after the NHL on NBC game, that's it for hockey today, because I can't stand watching the Maple Leafs on HNIC, but I may watch the 3rd period between the Sens and the Oilers. GO SENS! :D (can't afford Edmonton to get ahead of Vancouver)

Getting psyched! 10 minutes till NHL on NBC!

according to my clock , 2 minutes till my dallas satars get ready to face the bruins!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! GO STARS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :hockeysmiley::shocked:(**)

stars.jpg

dallasmavericks.gif

style1,JBPerry.png

<embed src="http://www.clocklink.com/clocks/5005-Blue.swf?TimeZone=CST&TimeFormat=hhmmssTT" width="180" height="60" wmode="transparent" type="application/x-shockwave-flash">

joshuabperry@sbcglobal.net

My Webpage

so far so good! I love how they did the team intros and then when they did the NHL on NBC logo, they had all of the team logos circling around the cup!

stars.jpg

dallasmavericks.gif

style1,JBPerry.png

<embed src="http://www.clocklink.com/clocks/5005-Blue.swf?TimeZone=CST&TimeFormat=hhmmssTT" width="180" height="60" wmode="transparent" type="application/x-shockwave-flash">

joshuabperry@sbcglobal.net

My Webpage

Hockey Day For Me Today :D

10AM-Sabres Gameday Skate

2pm-DET-NYR

7pm-BUF-LA

10pm-OTT-EDM

Sounds like a jam packed day of hockey, but as huge a hockey fan that I am, I'm gonna be watching the more football today (two divisional games), after the NHL on NBC game, that's it for hockey today, because I can't stand watching the Maple Leafs on HNIC, but I may watch the 3rd period between the Sens and the Oilers. GO SENS! :D (can't afford Edmonton to get ahead of Vancouver)

Getting psyched! 10 minutes till NHL on NBC!

I can watch football during the intermissions

Also GO OILERS!

Can't let the Sens get too far ahead :P

saBS.png

I think I like how that score line looks at the top. And I just saw them timing the shift of Forsberg up there, too.

Yeh, the shift clock is something different, and it's okay, good way to promote the star players. I like the score clock too, with the logo, team colour, and full city name at the top.

Archived