A Friggin' Steal.

sacker12

I was in a local sporting goods store today and was browsing the sale rack, and they had a Goose Gossage Iowa Oaks jersey when Russell was making those minor league throwbacks. I wasn't going to buy the jersey until I say that it was on sale for $20. I knew that this was a great deal since I had seen similar jerseys around for about $100. I didn't realize how great of a deal I got when I saw the original retail tag, and it was $170. I saved $150 dollars in one day. Also, last week I bought an authentic Nike Kentucky road football jersey for $25.00. I think that I might sell one or both on eBay if I don't have a change of heart and keep the Gossage jersey. I just wanted to share the good news with y'all. Thanks.

EDIT: Corrected errors I made in my post. It's late.

You didn't save $150.  You spent $20.  If it had been $170, you wouldn't have bought it, right?

Exactly. You only saved money if it was reduced from a price at which you would have purchased it anyway (example -- you would have bought it for $40, but were able to get it for $20). The higher price is what Russell wanted you to pay, but that value was obviously unreasonably high (and priced the jersey out of everyone's acceptable range), thus the great mark down.

BTW -- I'm not trying to rain on your parade, and I'm sure dsgitlin isn't either. The bottom line is that if you are happy with your purchase, then you got a good deal. If you can sell either jersey for a profit, then you got a very good deal (which you probably can if there is a market for the Gossage jersey at $100). B)

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

Originator of the Upside Down Sarcasm Smilie -- November 1, 2005  🙃

You can go broke saving money sometimes!

A clever trick of retail, isn't it?

Kinda like when you "win" an auction. You sure won, all right--you get to pay more than anyone else was willing to!

Neither of these examples mean you didn't get a good deal but it is quirky if you break it down as has been done here.

1zgyd8w.jpg

sounds like something Yogi Berra would say...like "nobody goes there anymore cus it's too crowded" :D

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

Great deal! $20 is an awesome price for a jersey, especially with the name and number already on it. Congrats!

HansonsSig.jpg

Click here to read Third String Goalie - The Hockey Jersey of the Day Blog

Click here to see my hockey and baseball jersey collection online

?You don?t like to see 20 kids punching 20 other kids. But it?s not a disgrace, It?s hockey.? - Michael Farber

sounds like something Yogi Berra would say...like "nobody goes there anymore cus it's too crowded" :D

The motto of DealNews.com:

"How to go broke saving money."

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Archived