LSU concept helmet

bsilva1

There was talk last summer that LSU was considering changing its helmet, but nothing came of it. Apparantly it was considered because a design firm sold a handful of these "concept helmets" they did in response to a request made by the LSU AD.

collection2av.jpg

My collection of Tiger helmets...

collection27ux.jpg

eyecopy1tn.jpg

White helmets, gold jerseys and white pants with purple socks looked real good in that Indy Bowl vs Notre Dame. The gold helmets, white jerseys and gold pants set is LSU though so they will never move away from that combo.

laron4vgcopy3sm.jpg

BTW, How about Laron turning down the NFL to return for his senior year? The guy was going to be a top 15 pick at safety, but he said an ankle injury was going to hurt his 40 time at the combines. Works for me.

eyecopy1tn.jpg

If I am not mistaken didn't they wear the white helmet a few years ago, just for one game?

Yes, they wore it for the Independence bowl against ND almost a decade ago. I believe it was Dinardo's idea. I personally like the current set the best. That purple helmet looks cool, but i dunno if id like it on the field excet for a one time deal.

My roommate actually bought one of those white helmets. The LSU giftshop put up for sale the gameworn helmets sometime after the game.

Those purple helmets...man, I think Skip would have been run out of town if those actually made it to the field of Tiger Stadium. I'm not sure I hate them though.

kU6ns.gif

I saw a game-worn white one in person 2 years ago at the offices for the Independence Bowl in Shreveport.All over the offices they had "match-up" helmets from past games and on a giant plaque/shelf on the wall they had the LSU/ND one as well as a large action photo from the game.

98Falcons.png

I saw a game-worn white one in person 2 years ago at the offices for the Independence Bowl in Shreveport.All over the offices they had "match-up" helmets from past games and on a giant plaque/shelf on the wall they had the LSU/ND one as well as a large action photo from the game.

I've seen one of the white LSU helmet in the equipment room at Louisiana-Lafayette.

Archived