ESPN.com New Design

NJTank

Yeh, it 's been around other pages on the site too, and I was hoping they would switch it soon to make it all match, personally I like it better, because you can go straight from the homepage to say, NBA standings, before they only gave the option to the NBA homepage or the scores page.

Hate the new page!!

"Hate" is an awfully strong word for a web site. I save hate for something that inspires a powerful visceral reaction. It's not worth the energy. I don't like it, though. Very jumbled, like Tank said. Information overload... and they still overpower the senses with huge scrolling ads and sound & video ads. Scale back, ESPN... :therock:

"Start spreading the news... They're leavin' today... Won't get to be a part of it... In old New York..."

2007nleastchamps.png

In order for the Mets' run of 12 losses in 17 games to mean something, the Phillies still had to win 13 of 17.

I could of sworn that this entire site hated ESPN..do you guys go there because it reminds you of your foolish youth or something?

I totally agree with you on this one, CyJoe. You're a moron most of the time, but sometimes the sun does shine on a dog's ass.

Tank is like "King ESPN Hater." If you hate it so much, go to FoxSports or CBSSportsLine or TheSportingNews.

On January 16, 2013 at 3:49 PM, NJTank said:

Btw this is old hat for Notre Dame. Knits Rockne made up George Tip's death bed speech.

I don't know- ESPN started using CSS for its styling a couple of years back and it looked like they were trying to head down the web accessibility road- but now the design (code and all) are kind of crappy and muddled. It doesn't even validate.

Anyway- you'd think with as many people as they have maintaining and designing this thing, that it would be better and more well thought out and laid out.

Too much jumbled info. They could clean it up and still be effective in getting across a lot of information.

Tank is like "King ESPN Hater." If you hate it so much, go to FoxSports or CBSSportsLine or TheSportingNews.

I'm a big fan of Yahoo Sports. Good coverage and the columns are good especially the biased ones. I actually like to hear writers honest blatant opinions sometimes rather than hiding it in so called objectivity. Usually if you email one of the writers they will write back too, thats pretty sweet IMO.

Cards08.jpg

World Champions: 1926 1931 1934 1942 1944 1946 1964 1967 1982 2006

espn is horrible. see my post in fluff espn thread. i feel dumber after watching that channel, but since no one has made a sportscenter competitor, dont have much of a choice if i want some highlights...oln get on that!

"I did absolutely nothing and it was everything I thought it could be." -Peter Gibbons

RIP Demitra #38

Some of the things ESPN does and gets away with does upset me to an extent (ESPN.com Insider, everything abuot Stuart Scott, NO HOCKEY!!), but face it, television would completely suck for the sports fan if not for ESPN. That means there would be no no ESPN, ESPN2, ESPNEWS, Classic. Half the time my TV is tuned into one of those stations ... and look at the other alternative for sports, FSN?? No thanks. I'm sorry but all they ever show is Best Damn Sports Show and The List like 34 times a night and I honestly cannot stand those shows at all.

6uXNWAo.png

ESPN is pretty cool in and of itself, without it, a lot of us would be screwed. I just disagree with the way they report and congratulate themselves constantly.

I do like watching SportsRise and Bears Blitz on comcast more than Sportscenter simply because of the local factor.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

I could of sworn that this entire site hated ESPN..do you guys go there because it reminds you of your foolish youth or something?

I totally agree with you on this one, CyJoe. You're a moron most of the time, but sometimes the sun does shine on a dog's ass.

Wow Greg, that touched me..right here..*points to heart*

*tear starts to form*

Don't ever touch me there again, or I'll rip your arms off.

MouthoftheSouth.jpg

I don't speak for democrats, democrats don't speak for me.

Archived