Favorite non-sports logos

paynomind

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I've always been fascinated by gasoline logos. My favorites being mostly the past logos of Amoco[including '60s American], Atlantic-ARCO, Esso-Exxon, Gulf, Sunoco, and Cities Service-Citgo.

Agreed. I would also throw in Sinclair, Flying A, Phillips 66, Texaco, to mention some more.

Also put me down for old beer logos, especially for local breweries (National, Schaefer, American, Ballantine, Olde Heurich, etc.) that didn't sell nationally. Below is a particular favorite for us Marylanders:

NATTYBOH-WOODEN-SIGN.jpg

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

Originator of the Upside Down Sarcasm Smilie -- November 1, 2005  🙃

• 2 weeks later...
I've always been fascinated by gasoline logos. My favorites being mostly the past logos of Amoco[including '60s American], Atlantic-ARCO, Esso-Exxon, Gulf, Sunoco, and Cities Service-Citgo.

You may be interested in: http://www.gassigns.org/gashigh.htm. (I like the old standard sign before it became Amoco).

LT

Excellent page. I wish I had entirely too much spare time, i'd vectorize all those cool old gas logos.

holiday.jpg

NCFA Sunset Beach Tech - Octopi

ΓΔΒ!

Going to college gets you closer to the real world, kind of like climbing a tree gets you closer to the moon.

"...a nice illustration of what you get when skill, talent, and precedent are deducted from 'creativity.' " - James Howard Kunstler

vgi_lockup.gif

I might be biased, since I work for them, but I think we have a unique and classic brand image.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Dr. Kelso: My son is a big baseball fan. Not so much playing it, but more the designing and sewing of uniforms.

Tyler: That's neat.

Dr. Kelso: No, it's not.

launcher_eagle_icon.gif

ΓΔΒ!

Going to college gets you closer to the real world, kind of like climbing a tree gets you closer to the moon.

"...a nice illustration of what you get when skill, talent, and precedent are deducted from 'creativity.' " - James Howard Kunstler

logo-lg.gif

ΓΔΒ!

AZ_logo_lrg.gif

ΓΔΒ!

you do realize that volkswagen was originally the car of the SS (Shutzstaffel - Nazi Germany's Secret Police, organizers of the deaths of more than 9 million people) right? just checking....

nice cars, though

Spell it as "Schutzstaffel". Actually the VW (Volkswagen = Cars of the People) was conceived by the Nazi gov'ment because Hitler wanted a cheap car for everyone.

The famous VW Bug was made from those dark years.

About the current topic, I like those logos:

brand.gif

(It's an insurance Swiss company)

brand.gif

(It's an Argentinean beer)

pennants.png

It's great to be young and a Giant! - Larry Doyle

Archived