Tampa Bay Rays Idea

therocheapproach

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Put me down for another strong vote in favor of this general concept. This new look gives the kind of definition to the franchise that the team is so desperately in need of right now. I prefer the navy/apple green combination, but the Panthers color combo is pretty nice-looking, too.

Send it in to Rays management. Probably won't go anywere (MLB Properties never takes unsolicited work, from what I hear), but you never know.

That cap logo is outstanding! Unique, the perfect mix of "logo" and "lettering"...if that makes any sense. The font you used is awesome; the lines envoke waves and beaches, and on a related note, I want to go on vacation right now...to Florida.

Either color combination would work, personally I like the Panthers' colors.

Stellar work, I'd love to see these in '06 :winner:

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=37...7567&q=Ovechkin

Not to be a dick, but again, I dont see how people LIKE this idea...

and I'll ask again, what does RAYS have anything to do with the logo or colors of it?

The RAYS, as in "sunshine" isnt represented. The Baseball Club of Tampa Bay with a golfer and an orange grove has nothing to do with rays of sunlight.

The RAYS, as in the animal isnt represented..............well, obviously.

The interlocking TB is all confusing looking, and from ANY distance, cannot be clearly indentified.

The Rays tried having a bunch of bright colors(a very bad attempt) in their 1st uniforms, and it was hated by everyone. The reason they went to more solid colors(blue and green) was because of this.

Their current shades of blue and green would look very nice, and very unique, if used correctly. You're on the right track by using blue, green, and even orange, I just think that you used the wrong shades of these colors, and your logo is just bad.

SigReflect.png

Not indentifiable? Please, the interlocking TB is easily seen from ANY distance. I even walked to the other side of the room and I could STILL tell it was a TB.

I love the concept, my biggest beef would be with the "RAYS" on the visiting grays. If I had my druthers, the interlocking "TB" would be on the road unis or "Tampa Bay" using the the same script as the interlocking TB.

Great work. This is the type of work that truely says "baseball"

yo, it really looks like a golfer in a orange grove.

There is supposed to be Devil Rays re-do contest announced that Zone approved and sponsored by LogoDog86.

I proposed a Devil Rays re-do contest where I would personally take the top 3 winners, voted on by us, to Rays owner Stu Sternberg (I'm a season ticket holder) and printed and professionally packaged at my expense, but LogoDog86 got his contest approved first.

Zone suggested that we work together, and I sent him a PM about it, but haven't heard from him or he hasn't announced his contest.

Oh well....

There is supposed to be Devil Rays re-do contest announced that Zone approved and sponsored by LogoDog86.

I proposed a Devil Rays re-do contest where I would personally take the top 3 winners, voted on by us, to Rays owner Stu Sternberg (I'm a season ticket holder) and printed and professionally packaged at my expense, but LogoDog86 got his contest approved first.

Zone suggested that we work together, and I sent him a PM about it, but haven't heard from him or he hasn't announced his contest.

Oh well....

Sorry, but I never got your PM...

Anyway if you want to work together with on a D-Rays conctests that would be great.

I was planning to wait until the end of the week to because there's two contests going on right now.

If you want to PM, we can work out the details.

I once had a car but I crashed it. I once had a guitar but I smashed it. I once, wait where am I going with this?

Oh well....

Sorry, but I never got your PM...

Anyway if you want to work together with on a D-Rays conctests that would be great.

I was planning to wait until the end of the week to because there's two contests going on right now.

If you want to PM, we can work out the details.

The PM has been sent. Looking forward to your response. :D

Archived