Tampa Bay Rays Idea

therocheapproach

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You definitely have something going here! The interlocking 'TB' looks really sharp. My only critique is the ordinary looking word mark. You may want to try the word mark in the same font as the 'TB' something that also has curves in it.

Also, IMO the uniforms can improve as well. But with the 'TB' to build off of I am sure it won't be difficult to refine this GREAT beginning!!! ^_^

spacer.png

FANTASY SPORTS: UBA (NBA): New York Scrapers | CL (MLB): St Pete Beach Clippers

I think if you added a couple more bells and whistles, throw on a decent secondary logo/patch of some sort, maybe some subtle piping, and you got yourself a winner. I'm not a fan of the rounded numerals, however.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

Thanks for the feedback. You guys always make great points on these threads. I'm a logo designer without much experience in the uniform design area, so I'm trying to get the eye for it. I've worked a different version with a deep red and made the logo mark a bit more beefy along with some subtle tweaks in the drawing. I like this one a whole lot better.

TampaBay2.gif

Let me know which you prefer. I'm also going to try out a secondary logo, refine the script logo and maybe get into the uniform design again.

Thanks again for the comments.

I like the first color set better, actually. There's something about lime green and maroon that doesn't sit well with me. I like the color idea and the interlocking TB idea, but there's something about the font used that I'm not feeling. It just seems too fancy, for the lack of a better term. The uniforms could use a little more, as someone already mentioned. I don't know if a vest is your answer, but maybe a shoulder patch would be an appropriate addition.

Great start. Eagerly awaiting the next installment. I'm with Chris about the wordmark, especially if you're not going to use the monogram on the road jerseys. But these have great potential, and well drawn at that.

"Start spreading the news... They're leavin' today... Won't get to be a part of it... In old New York..."

2007nleastchamps.png

In order for the Mets' run of 12 losses in 17 games to mean something, the Phillies still had to win 13 of 17.

TampaBay.gif

That is :censored: sweet dude. That cap logo could become a classic like the Yankees "NY" or the Cardinals "StL" or the Red Sox "B". It has style, character, and originality.

I might add a team logo patch to one shoulder, and maybe a "Wonderboy" type of patch on the other. I'd also stick with two team colors instead of three. The nidnight blue and apple green work just fine. It reminds me of the Orlando Thunder uniforms- but much more restrained. I like it, it's very Florida-esque.

http://www.hr-derby.com/images/nyknights/knights1_small.jpg

We all have our little faults. Mine's in California.

I don't like hte way the blue and green mix. I think the logo is too plain AS A PRIMARY but it is great as a cap logo. The wordmark is good-- use it on the uni!

A great logo-- the uniform needs work. Too plain, too much white.

"We have nothing to fear except fear itself."

I settled on this color combination. Sort of a richer version of the Florida Panthers. The orange represent the sun and citris of Florida. The deep red represents the setting sun and the deep blue represents the bay waters at night and the light beige represents the sandy beaches. For the secondary logo I took inspiration from vintage Florida citris crate labels (the orange grove with the batter hitting an orange in the sunset). I changed the home jersey to a sandy white and included player names, block numbers and sleeve patches.

Is it an improvement?

TBRochedesigns.gif

Archived