Upset of the year in College Basketball

buzzcut

North Dakota State 62

#13 Wisconsin 55

Losing to Ohio State in Columbus in OT is no big deal, but to North Dakota State at HOME is totally unacceptable.

[sarcasm]I demand that Bo Ryan be replaced as head coach immediately[/sarcasm]

MofnV2z.png

The CCSLC's resident Geelong Cats fan.

Viva La Vida or Death And All His Friends. Sounds like something from a Rocky & Bullwinkle story arc.

This is huge for North Dakota State, because as a D-I indy, you don't get many chances to upset a big name school often.

Also, when people think of the indie schools, they think of the jokes in that group like Longwood, Savannah State and UC-Davis. But, there are some really good teams in that bunch like the Dakota schools and Texas A&M Corpus Christi.

Wow, what a way for this team to bounce back from a tough loss to Utah Valley State. They really needed this one, and hopefully they'll be back in the NCAA Tourney picture with this victory over lowly Wisconsin.

wow, I had a strange feeling NDSU was gonna win this... but to actually see it done... WOW.

they played Minnesota pretty hard too. They just came off a buzzer beater loss to Utah Valley St the other day, and have been on the road awhile, I cant beleive they pulled this off.

twitter_zps93c9c8f9.png @josh_j12 smbelt_zps438edf04.png

CFA- Fargo Bobcats

wow isnt ND State Division 2?

this is the 3rd out of 5th year for D1 reclassification.

So they are D1 like with training wheels, they will be officially in D1 in 2 more years?

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

wow isnt ND State Division 2?

this is the 3rd out of 5th year for D1 reclassification.

So they are D1 like with training wheels, they will be officially in D1 in 2 more years?

basically yes. You get 5 years to transition, they cant win any championships and crap like that i think. Right now they are an independant, trying to find a conference.

twitter_zps93c9c8f9.png @josh_j12 smbelt_zps438edf04.png

CFA- Fargo Bobcats

By that logic, the biggest upset would be D-3 Carnegie Mellon taking down D-1 Princeton last month. If a D-2 squad should never beat a D-1 squad, then a D-3 shouldn't even get off the bus to play a D-1 squad.

BTW, D-3 Rowan (NJ) defeated D-1 AA Robert Morris in football this year. Which is probably even more embarrassing than a D-2 hoops squad taking down a D-1 squad. That's just unspeakably bad.

Therefore, the Wisconsin loss, though embarrasing, can be put into perspective.

And on a strictly personal level, Duke losing is worthy of a big "Hell Yeah" any time it happens. DUCK FOOK!!!

Thanks, Hoyas. :grin:

"Start spreading the news... They're leavin' today... Won't get to be a part of it... In old New York..."

2007nleastchamps.png

In order for the Mets' run of 12 losses in 17 games to mean something, the Phillies still had to win 13 of 17.

North Dakota State 62

#13 Wisconsin          55

Losing to Ohio State in Columbus in OT is no big deal, but to North Dakota State at HOME is totally unacceptable.

Eventhough it won't happen because the people who vote don't get it, I think Wisconsin should automatically drop out of the Top 25 for this loss. A nationally ranked team should never lose to a school such as NDSU.

6uXNWAo.png

If a Div. II should never beat a Div. 1, and Div. III should never even play Div. 1, then somebody should have told Chaminade back in 1981 that a NAIA school shouldn't even be on the same PLANET as a Div. I.

Insert Witty Signature Here.

If a Div. II should never beat a Div. 1, and Div. III should never even play Div. 1, then somebody should have told Chaminade back in 1981 that a NAIA school shouldn't even be on the same PLANET as a Div. I.

I think you can blame some Japanese businessmen for that, Virginia scheduled that game with Chaminade as they had already played in Tokyo. Oh BTW, it was 1982, not 81.

MofnV2z.png

The CCSLC's resident Geelong Cats fan.

Viva La Vida or Death And All His Friends. Sounds like something from a Rocky & Bullwinkle story arc.

Interesting points and all, but I still think it's more shocking that Duke lost. G-Town survived a 41 point outburst by, MY BOY, J.J. F---ING REDICK!

Wisconsin shot 16 of 72. They'd lose to a High School JV team shooting "Sixteen of Seventy-Two." That's 22.22% shooting. Let's put this in perspective, they freaking missed precisely three and a half times as many shots as they made.

Duke wouldn't shoot 16-72. Even blindfolded. Even against UNC. Even if both schools switched rosters (that's for you, VD)! :P

On January 16, 2013 at 3:49 PM, NJTank said:

Btw this is old hat for Notre Dame. Knits Rockne made up George Tip's death bed speech.

Interesting points and all, but I still think it's more shocking that Duke lost. G-Town survived a 41 point outburst by, MY BOY, J.J. F---ING REDICK!

Wisconsin shot 16 of 72. They'd lose to a High School JV team shooting "Sixteen of Seventy-Two." That's 22.22% shooting. Let's put this in perspective, they freaking missed precisely three and a half times as many shots as they made.

Duke wouldn't shoot 16-72. Even blindfolded. Even against UNC. Even if both schools switched rosters (that's for you, VD)! :P

I've gotta disagree. Some people might've figured Georgetown would beat Duke, they'd have some chance to pull the upset. NDSU beat the #13 ranked team at their place, and you can't tell me that anybody thought they had a slight chance of winning.

This might be the biggest win ever in NDSU athletics history.

And we're talking about a school that has a storied athletics history. The Bison have won a ton of national football titles and a bunch of women's basketball championships. They have also been solid in wrestling and a number of other sports.

But that's when they were Division II. To beat a Big Ten team that's ranked in the top 25 on its home court ... sheesh, that's huge.

Another feather in the cap here in the Peace Garden State (brag, brag, brag).

It's probably the only time this will happen in a long time, so enjoy it while you can.

But, shooting 16 out of 72 is just a huge sign of getting your ass whipped. Sorry, but Wisky oughta be better then that to lose to NDSU... Texas A&M Corpus Christi, maybe, but never to NDSU.

Archived