New Orklahoma?

slapshot

I was flipping channels and unfortunately stumbled upon the Celtics game tonight against New Orleans. At the top of the screen, next to "BOS" was "NOK".

What the hell is "NOK"? Shouldn't it still just be "NO"? Or "NOR"?

Norklahoma City Hornets?

NBA Basketball gives me a headache.

Back-to-Back Fatal Forty Champion 2015 & 2016

I'm assume its a combo of "NO" for New Orleans and "OK" for Oklahoma. But since the team is the "New Orleans" Hornets and not the "New Orleans-Oklahoma" Hornets, I really don't get this either.

:blink:

Slightly OT-

I seem to recall some time ago when the Kings split their home games between Kansas City and Omaha, Nebraska and were known as "KC-Omaha" before they finally moved to Sacramento so I guess this isn't the first time something like this has been done in the NBA.

We all have our little faults. Mine's in California.

An NBA by-law states that if you play 25% or more of your home games in a market you are required to include that market in your team name-hence the New Orleans/Oklahoma City Hornets and the Kansas City/Omaha Kings of the past.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

An NBA by-law states that if you play 25% or more of your home games in a market you are required to include that market in your team name-hence the New Orleans/Oklahoma City Hornets and the Kansas City/Omaha Kings of the past.

Which is interesting because the home game breakdown for the NOOK Hornets is:

- Oklahoma City 85%

- Baton Rouge 15%

Realistically they should be the Oklahoma City Hornets, but I understand the reason for including N.O.

---

Chris Creamer
Founder/Editor, SportsLogos.Net

"The Mothership" News Facebook X/Twitter Instagram

Which is interesting because the home game breakdown for the NOOK Hornets is:

- Oklahoma City 85%

- Baton Rouge 15%

Realistically they should be the Oklahoma City Hornets, but I understand the reason for including N.O.

Norman 1%

Quite a crowd for that game, too.

Archived